Lights over custom GP

Hi guys,
I creataed custom rwy lights for my airport, but there is a problem.
These lights cannot be seen over custom ground polys.
I searched a little bit in the forum, but I didn't find any solution.
Can you help me?
ModelConverterX_7NvMxGiDwA.png

Here is a photo of the rwy edge lights (custom 3d object). When I place it over the custom ground poly (rwy) aplha channer of the light is not working.
When I place it over photoreal texture, working well.
Any solution? Please advice...
fsx_AFQApQVX89.png

I had had the same problem when I exported my taxi/runway lights group within MCX as scenery bgl with coordinates. As a solution what worked form me was putting them inside a library and placing them inside the sim with Instant Scenery. I am not sure what changed but that worked for me. Maybe some slight difference effects the drawing order.

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
OK ---1. What is the elevation of your runway custom poly? is it the same as the altitude of the airport? 2. The light model placed on the default scenery has a base to it from the best view I can get yet the one you place on the custom poly is slightly sunk in meaning that the custom poly is slightly higher (as it should ) have you lifted the altitude of the edge light so its sitting ON the customer poly or have you allowed it to sit on the default runway altitude

I had had the same problem when I exported my taxi/runway lights group within MCX as scenery bgl with coordinates. As a solution what worked form me was putting them inside a library and placing them inside the sim with Instant Scenery. I am not sure what changed but that worked for me. Maybe some slight difference effects the drawing order.
It's already been placed through Instat Scenery 3. Not working as you can see from the pictures...

OK ---1. What is the elevation of your runway custom poly? is it the same as the altitude of the airport? 2. The light model placed on the default scenery has a base to it from the best view I can get yet the one you place on the custom poly is slightly sunk in meaning that the custom poly is slightly higher (as it should ) have you lifted the altitude of the edge light so its sitting ON the customer poly or have you allowed it to sit on the default runway altitude
I don't think that it has nothing to do with rwy elevation. I have the same problem and with Apron lights as you can see from the photo. The clouds cover the alpha channel of the lights...
fsx_BnHQU9M2Fg.png

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
P3D4?
From your screenshot I see it is FSX. Then Z-bias 10 should do (unless there is something wrong in your material settings like for the apron lights where you should change your alpha test level).

Last edited:
How did you make your edgelight? Is it really a texture sheet? And what are your material settings for it? Is the runway a custom groundpoly of which the layer is set at a Z-bias of 8?

How did you make your edgelight? Is it really a texture sheet? And what are your material settings for it? Is the runway a custom groundpoly of which the layer is set at a Z-bias of 8?
Here is the model in blender. You will see also and the material settings.
The runway is a custom groundpoly of which the layer is set at a Z-bias of 8.

Attachments

Looks OK to me.
Try with Alpha test off (never, 1, False) and Z-bias 0, but set both source and destination blend to one.