• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 LOD Code

Messages
502
Country
unitedstates
Hi Arno,

I've tried to use MCX a few times to create LOD's on models that don't use seasonal textures... I had selected the traditional three LOD setup... I did modify the 100/40/10 since I wanted to switch to my lower poly model sooner... I believe I selected 100/65/20 with the last LOD being empty... When I export the model - I don't see the LOD's kicking in... I exported with the ASM code - and - loaded the same exported model back into MCX...

The values now show 130/65 without the empty LOD... In addition - while I'm certainly no expert - the ASM code looks wrong... Both IFSIZE commands shouldn't be the same values - should it ??? There should be the statement for the empty LOD doing a "Jump" to the end without making any model calls - right ?

Code:
_MCX_temp_MasterScale_1 label BGLCODE
    IFSIZEV  _MCX_temp_lod_1, 1851,1000 ; lod test 0..65
    JUMP     _MCX_temp_skip_1
_MCX_temp_lod_1 label BGLCODE
    BGL_CALL_32 _MCX_temp_frmpart1_2        ; Node 3 - frmpart1
_MCX_temp_skip_1 label BGLCODE
    IFSIZEV  _MCX_temp_skip_2, 1851,1000 ; lod test 65..130
    BGL_CALL_32 _MCX_temp_frmpart2_3        ; Node 4 - frmpart2
_MCX_temp_skip_2 label BGLCODE
    BGL_RETURN

PS: If you still keep those FS2004 Model Tweaker tools in mind - I would greatly appreciate it...
:)

Regards,
Scott
 
Hi,

The top level lod is not really defined. Thats why I take twice the level below. But it does not matter for the asm code.

The asm code is made by makemdl from the x file. I should check what happens with the empty lod.

Send from my phone using Tapatalk, so excuse the short sentences and possible typos
 
Hi,

I just tried it here. Loaded an object, then adding an LOD 40 and an empty LOD 10. After exporting I see all three LOD values in my X and ASM files. And if I import the FS2004 MDL back in the three LODs are still shown (including the empty one).
 
Hi Arno,

Thank for looking at it maybe something is messes up on my end - I'll take another crack at it.

Regards,
Scott
 
Back
Top