• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Looking to hire a terrain expert for a quick job.

Country
canada
Hey all!

Recently, I've been building a fictional country over parts of midwestern Canada in FSX using Airport Design Editor, which has sort-of snowballed into a massive undertaking. I'm having tons of fun with it, but have hit a brick wall with one of the islands, as I want to add a big lake into the middle of it, and a nice little mountain range on the Northern part. If the shape of the lake looks familiar, it's because it's Lake Lachrymose, as this island is intended to represent the fictional land where the Series of Unfortunate Events takes place. Initially, I was going to learn how to edit the default terrain for the area and do it myself, but after a few failed attempts with Sbuilder, Terrain Pro, and a few other programs, I've realized that I'm at the point where I'm in over my head, and need to commission out the work.

Therefore, I'm posting here to see if anyone might be interested in taking this project on. For someone who's well-versed in the field, it really shouldn't take too long, and I will pay you for your time and effort. If you're interested, please let me know! For reference, I've included an image of the island in question, and a second picture of roughly what I'm looking for. I made the lake in ADE, but since it's tied to one of my airport scenery files on the west shore of the lake, it disappears when I'm more than x number of miles away from the airfield, and yeah. It's just not adequate. I'm pretty certain it'll have to be redone in order to be properly worked into the default terrain of the sim. The intended area for the mountain range is more just a rough area; I'm looking for a bunch of mountains in the area with some peaks that top out maybe around 4000 feet or so, and leave a bit of room along the shoreline for me to construct a highway.

Thanks for your time,

Mike

Attachments

• FSX Default Southampton Island.jpg
    FSX Default Southampton Island.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 30
  • FSX Intended Southampton Island.jpg
    FSX Intended Southampton Island.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 25
Country
germany
I am also stuck with creating a mountain on a fictional island. If you learn the trick, please tell me. I’ll do the same.

From mobile hence short