• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Making a hard surface

Country
england
Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, but long time reader. I have searched the forum but i am unable to find what im looking for.

the tutorials i have been following doesnt work for me.

I am making a water ramp / lift useing FSDS :-

2wr2f5u.jpg

More info :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...mphibious-water-ramp-lift?highlight=ramp+lift

Im having trouble getting the ramp to be a hard surface :

2d9ofbn.jpg

Can anyone piont me to a tutorial, or piont me in the right direction as im a little lost.

Thank you

Country
ca-quebec
You have to work with an attach object. Here what I done :

1. I build a first platform.
2. I copy and paste the platform to make a second platform.
3. I rename the second platform.
4. I make the second platform children of the first patform.
5. I just keep the surface of the second platform (I delete all polygons except those where the aircraft have to land).
6. In the ParDateDef.txt file (located in FSDS root folder), I add this line :

helizone <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <FSMakeMdlData version="9.0"> <Platform name="helizone" surfaceType="CONCRETE" > </Platform> </FSMakeMdlData>

"helizone" is the name of my second platform. Note that between "helizone" and "<?xml..." there is ONE SPACE THEN ONE TAB.

EDIT. I never test an inclinated polygon as helizone.

Country
england
:) Wow Jean-Pierre that was a super fast response!

Thank you for the XML code. I was missing step 4, 6.

It worked! Also on poly with incline..

ac5wus.jpg

rarnnq.jpg

Thank you!

Country
england
Now that i have the ramp complete, im moving onto the lifting ramp. I have tryed to do it in the same way as above, but i either get an error when compiling about the animation guild digits (?), or the surface doesnt become hard.

I made the lifting ramp shape, animated it, added hard surface.

Do i need to do that in a diffrent order? IE make the lifting ramp shape, add hard surface, then animate?

Thanks

Country
england
i got it useing the above method, i was forgetting to name the second copied part correctly.

Now im going to see how i can trigger the animation, when i want it rather than on its own.

Country
ca-quebec
There is no app to do animation in FSX. For this purpose I have to use CAT (Conditional Animation Tool) and compile with MakeMDL instead of XtoMDL. It is compatible FS9 end FSX but P3D. You can add a distance or NAV1 frequency trigger.

SODE is compatatible FSX and P3D but I never use it.

Country
england
Thanks for the reply Jean-Pierre

Am i right thinking that the animations need to be tick18 so CAT can use them? (the tutorial i am useing shows this, but i do not have 'Scenery key frame animation' as an option in the drop down menu in FSDS. Could this be because i dont have fs9 installed?

Ultimatly, the NAV1 trigger is what im trying to acheive.

Thanks

Country
ca-quebec
If you use CAT I think you have to compile your MDL with MakeMDL, from FS9 SDK.