• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Map error in MCX

Messages
402
Hi,

Does anyone has error messages in the show map pop-up in the placement wizard? With all map providers.

I have the error at home but trying MCX here on my work PC, the map works fine.

Perhaps I need to grab a screen capture of the error

Cheers
 
Hi,

Seeing what the error message is would indeed help. I have no problems with the map here at the moment.
 
Hi Arno

Will post s screen capture when back home. Had it since a couple of updates and forgot to mebtion it until now. So will take a capture this evening

Thanks
Michel
 
OK. I did not make any changes to the map function recently (as far as I am aware of).

Actually I am working on a big change now, that will allow more functionality to place objects.
 
Oh wow, can't wait to see the new feature! In fact so many thanks for the great MCX, for a freeware scenery designer like me who is very basic in scripting, it is a wonderful tool! I can't think one moment being able to do what I am doing without it :) just like a swiss knife, full of super features :)


Cheers!
 
Hi Arno,

I finally redownloaded and unziped MCX in a new folder and the map work now. I presume by overwriting old versions with new ones in the same folder, perhaps some left over files created such error. Now it functions and it's all ok :)

Cheers
 
Ok, sounds like some file versions might have been mixed up before or so. Good to hear you got it working.
 
Back
Top