Have run into a gmax problem, which must have started to occurr before saving at the end of the last session, as it has affected not just the main file but the backups (both gmax auto and personal) as well, although there were no problems during the session.
I can't open the project file any more. By merging the file into a new or existing file (which has the same materials and textures as the original), I can see the aircraft again, but the model no longer has textures, which makes me believe it's a materials editor/navigator problem. The parts are a dark grey colour, though, which might seem to indicated gmax is expecting a texture. Opening 'Properties' on the new parts, however, indicates they have no materials associated with them.
Once the merged file is closed, it can't be opened again.
It's also possible to click on a problem part and open the Materials Editor, but if I click on Materials Navigator and try to open the list, gmax announces the following Assertion error and closes: "... MaxSDK\Include\tab.h" and under that "line.117"
I can't find any files by those names.
.... and I've no idea if it's related, but on accasion at startup there is also an "Unsupported Objects" box which appears, which says "Filename: Scripted Plugin Class:FlightSimX Superclass:0xC00 "
Other gmax files are opening ok, fully textured.
The textures are still in abcache.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike
I can't open the project file any more. By merging the file into a new or existing file (which has the same materials and textures as the original), I can see the aircraft again, but the model no longer has textures, which makes me believe it's a materials editor/navigator problem. The parts are a dark grey colour, though, which might seem to indicated gmax is expecting a texture. Opening 'Properties' on the new parts, however, indicates they have no materials associated with them.
Once the merged file is closed, it can't be opened again.
It's also possible to click on a problem part and open the Materials Editor, but if I click on Materials Navigator and try to open the list, gmax announces the following Assertion error and closes: "... MaxSDK\Include\tab.h" and under that "line.117"
I can't find any files by those names.
.... and I've no idea if it's related, but on accasion at startup there is also an "Unsupported Objects" box which appears, which says "Filename: Scripted Plugin Class:FlightSimX Superclass:0xC00 "
Other gmax files are opening ok, fully textured.
The textures are still in abcache.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike
Last edited:



