This is related to attach points. I added some without difficulty, but the beacon is giving me problems.
Basically, I created a part that is the "glass", and then create an attachpoint from that geometry. When I go to compile, I get this:
(0): error : XToMdl.exe Unhandled Application Exception
(0): error : System.Exception: Duplicated FileLabels found with name: RIFF-MDLD-
REFL-REFPattachpt_StudioEnt_Beacon_Red-end
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XmlToMdlLib.FileExporter.ResolveRef
erences()
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XmlToMdlLib.XmlToMdlLib.Process(Gui
d& ModelGuid, Stream AnimationData)
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.ProcessInputs()
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.RealMain(String[] arg
s)
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.Main(String[] args)
(0): error :
(0): error : Duplicated FileLabels found with name: RIFF-MDLD-REFL-REFPattachpt_
StudioEnt_Beacon_Red-end
(0): error :
(0): error : Stack Trace:
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XmlToMdlLib.FileExporter.ResolveRef
erences()
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XmlToMdlLib.XmlToMdlLib.Process(Gui
d& ModelGuid, Stream AnimationData)
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.ProcessInputs()
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.RealMain(String[] arg
s)
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.Main(String[] args)
I've tried deleting the attach point from the custom properties and re-doing it, but some where it seems to think another exists. I have no part with a duplicate name, so I'm not sure how I can easily check if there is another in the custom properties of another part (ie without manually checking each part).
What should I check? I looked at Max's dope sheet, and didn't see anything there.
UPDATE:
If I just don't export the parts in question it compiles fine. I suspect the problem is that I was experimenting with both the "attach" and "create" options for attaching. I now understand that "attach" basically converts the selected geometry to the attach point, and makes the geometry invisible... while the "create" option allows you to place an attach point on a mesh which is selected.
I think what has happened is that I did both to the same geometry, and once the geometry is the attach point, you can't really undo that by just deleting the XML stuff in the custom properties. At least this is my working theory now.
So, this begs the question, if you do turn something into an attach point, how can you undo this?
Basically, I created a part that is the "glass", and then create an attachpoint from that geometry. When I go to compile, I get this:
(0): error : XToMdl.exe Unhandled Application Exception
(0): error : System.Exception: Duplicated FileLabels found with name: RIFF-MDLD-
REFL-REFPattachpt_StudioEnt_Beacon_Red-end
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XmlToMdlLib.FileExporter.ResolveRef
erences()
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XmlToMdlLib.XmlToMdlLib.Process(Gui
d& ModelGuid, Stream AnimationData)
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.ProcessInputs()
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.RealMain(String[] arg
s)
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.Main(String[] args)
(0): error :
(0): error : Duplicated FileLabels found with name: RIFF-MDLD-REFL-REFPattachpt_
StudioEnt_Beacon_Red-end
(0): error :
(0): error : Stack Trace:
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XmlToMdlLib.FileExporter.ResolveRef
erences()
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XmlToMdlLib.XmlToMdlLib.Process(Gui
d& ModelGuid, Stream AnimationData)
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.ProcessInputs()
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.RealMain(String[] arg
s)
(0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.Main(String[] args)
I've tried deleting the attach point from the custom properties and re-doing it, but some where it seems to think another exists. I have no part with a duplicate name, so I'm not sure how I can easily check if there is another in the custom properties of another part (ie without manually checking each part).
What should I check? I looked at Max's dope sheet, and didn't see anything there.
UPDATE:
If I just don't export the parts in question it compiles fine. I suspect the problem is that I was experimenting with both the "attach" and "create" options for attaching. I now understand that "attach" basically converts the selected geometry to the attach point, and makes the geometry invisible... while the "create" option allows you to place an attach point on a mesh which is selected.
I think what has happened is that I did both to the same geometry, and once the geometry is the attach point, you can't really undo that by just deleting the XML stuff in the custom properties. At least this is my working theory now.
So, this begs the question, if you do turn something into an attach point, how can you undo this?
Last edited:
