MDL file is invalid

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Are you sure you are not trying to mix fsx and fs2004 mdl files in one library?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Is this for fsx or fs2004? For fs2004 make sure you have a scenery mdl, not an aircraft mdl.

This is for fsx: I attached thee screen shot because I noticed the grid did not completely encompass the model; I wasnt sure if this was the problem until today when I compiled a different model (for a separate project) directly into a bgl and using that. This model also had the same thing with the grid, however it worked fine. When I went back and tried to convert the other model directly into a bgl, the compiled file is no where to be found. Sorry if its confusing but I thought I give a little more background.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Could it be your file is 0 kb? In that case check the error log for messages what might go wrong.

It looks as though all the errors are something about the textures or faces not being a power of two (?). This is something I see alot with my other models that still work fine though...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The texture size warning should not prevent the MDL from being exported, it just means that the textures need some work to work in FS. No other messages in the event log?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Could you attach the mdl file here? Maybe I can see something from the file itself.