• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Message to scenery developers

Country
poland
Hi all,
I'm currently working on a tool for FSX/P3D that brings some freedom to the fs users in managing the static/3rd party objects on the scenery. With a minimalist GUI and openstreetmap as a background map, the program can manipulate the scenery assets (static aircraft, cars, ULDs etc...), sets the density of the objects and triggers animations. In the future I plan to expand his functionalities. Right now, I'm adding the possibility to store the user settings. The tool will be freeware.
Here is a quick video:

As you can see, you have to be online to download the openstreetmap tiles, but if we go offline the airport's afcad doesn't disappear.

0AV7z1Am.png
qvo7eB3m.png

If you are a developer/publisher and you would like your scenery appears as first in my project send me PM or mail to apron77epok@gmail.com.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
This is very fascinating stuff, thanks so much for sharing it. My first recommendation is that you also add an elevation slider, if possible, because models do not always share the same datum. Also an ability to select map servers, or import photographs would be phenomenal.

Country
macedonia
This is very fascinating stuff, thanks so much for sharing it. My first recommendation is that you also add an elevation slider, if possible, because models do not always share the same datum. Also an ability to select map servers, or import photographs would be phenomenal.

Also adding the models inside sim with live preview like instant scenery will be awesome

Edit: I didn't saw the video sorry about that, that already exist hh, awesome work.