• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MCX metal suffix

Messages
458
Hi Arno,

In the latest MCX where is the option to define material suffixes? For e.g. metallic = metal or night = LM.
 
Hi,

In version 1.6 I moved these settings to a different section. But I see now that I forgot to add that section to the GUI. Let me fix that ASAP.
 
Are you installing each update in the same folder or in a new folder?

I don't see issues with settings being lost while I develop new versions on my machine.
 
I basically copy all files in the update to the MCX folder overwriting. I have never had any issues in the past. Started having this problem only recently.
 
Let me double check with these suffixes here on my machine.
 
I can confirm, Arno that the suffixes (ex. bump, C, etc.) are not kept in Options when changed. It's not keeping the suffixes for me when changing and then closing MCX then reloading/ running MCX again.
 
Last edited:
Hi,

There was a bug in the code indeed that caused the object processor settings to not be saved when MCX closed. This will be fixed in the next development release. Thanks for reporting.
 
Arno, I am getting frequent crashes in MCX when I am selecting textures in the Material Editor. I will send you the error code when I see it next.

Meanwhile I am getting this strange anomaly when running the MDL through MCX. If I export direct from GMAX it is OK.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2022-02-15 021655.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-15 021655.jpg
    966.5 KB · Views: 210
Hi,

If you have an error message I can hopefully see what is going on.

For the anomaly, does it show in MCX as well if you load the MDL back into it or does it only show in the sim?
 
Hi,

If you have an error message I can hopefully see what is going on.

For the anomaly, does it show in MCX as well if you load the MDL back into it or does it only show in the sim?
It only shows in-sim. MCX is looking proper.

On another matter, what is the parameter "Detail V"? Is it the same as "Detail Y" in the PBR section?
 
Last edited:
Arno,

Here is that error. It happens when I multi-select materials in the Material Editor to apply (say) bump textures to all.
 

Attachments

OK, let me try to reproduce.
 
Arno, I am getting frequent crashes in MCX when I am selecting textures in the Material Editor. I will send you the error code when I see it next.

Meanwhile I am getting this strange anomaly when running the MDL through MCX. If I export direct from GMAX it is OK.
This visual anomaly happens when I apply the bump texture. Seems to distort the edge of the ramp (see image above).
 
Does your bump map texture follow the FS conventions?
 
I did some further work and found it was having the bump and detail texture together causing the visual anomaly. Not sure why.
 
Hi,

I tried to reproduce your crash, but I did not succeed yet. I can select multiple materials and then type in a new name for the bump texture without any error.
 
@shez

Have you figured out the problem with the anomaly? If you haven't, could you say how you created the bump map (with steps taken)?
 
Back
Top