FSXA Missing autogen after ground poly

I have added a ground poly for my runway using the FS2002 makemdl method, but now some of the autogen in the nearby area is missing. (See below)

I have no idea why this happened. Any thoughts are appreciated.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

That is normal behavior, custom ground polygons exclude autogen.

Did you use the ground polygon wizard of modelconverterx? It has an option to prevent this (sometimes leads to flickering shadows) and when you group the ground polygons in multiple reference points also less autogen is excluded.

I am only using Gmax and the makemdl plugin, then manually editing the asm file and running through bglcomp9.

This is unacceptable. I need a solution as the trees cannot disappear! I also would like to place some ground polys a lot closer to my autogen trees, but I'm afraid it will exclude more area.

Would it be possible to put the ground polys in a separate scenery layer to alleviate this problem?

Thanks,
JG

Yeah - had similar issue when using VTP Polly's in my scenery... I just built my own models and used the "autogen" textures - worked out pretty well and I could have my "autogen-like" buildings and foliage as close to my airport as desired...

Regards,
Scott

Yeah - had similar issue when using VTP Polly's in my scenery... I just built my own models and used the "autogen" textures - worked out pretty well and I could have my "autogen-like" buildings and foliage as close to my airport as desired...

Regards,
Scott
Did your custom "autogen" change with the seasonal textures?

JG

Hi JG,

Yep - I hard coded the dates into the shape - so they matched the exact dates of the airport I was working on... I work in FS9 - not sure if its the same with FSX...

############################################################################

Dec01x15s_Group_1 label BGLCODE

IFIN1 tex_06, 038Ah, 138, 292 ;SUMMER SHADOW MAY18-OCT19
MATERIAL 1,0 ; summer
JUMP tex_continue_1
tex_06 label word

MATERIAL 0,6 ; hard winter ;WINTER SHADOW OCT20-MAY17
tex_continue_1 label word

DRAW_TRI_BEGIN 0, 4
DRAW_TRI 2, 3, 0 ; poly=10 part=1
DRAW_TRI 3, 1, 0 ; poly=9 part=1
DRAW_TRI_END

IFIN1 tex_01, 038Ah, 107, 137 ;WINTER APR17-MAY17
MATERIAL 0,2 ; winter
JUMP tex_continue
tex_01 label word

IFIN1 tex_02, 038Ah, 138, 168 ;SPRING MAY18-JUN17
MATERIAL 0,3 ; spring
JUMP tex_continue
tex_02 label word

IFIN1 tex_03, 038Ah, 169, 261 ;SUMMER JUN18-SEP18
MATERIAL 1,1 ; summer
JUMP tex_continue
tex_03 label word

IFIN1 tex_04, 038Ah, 262, 292 ;FALL SEP19-OCT19
MATERIAL 0,4 ; fall
JUMP tex_continue
tex_04 label word

IFIN1 tex_05, 038Ah, 293, 354 ;WINTER OCT20-DEC20
MATERIAL 0,2 ; winter
JUMP tex_continue
tex_05 label word

MATERIAL 0,5 ; hard winter ;HARD WINTER DEC21-APR16
tex_continue label word

############################################################################

That's some nice looking work you have there...

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:
Solved

It is dependent on the size of the ground poly. Apparently the ground poly creates a larger exclusion around it that expands relative to the total poly size. I was able to split the runway in the middle into two shorter sections in the same layer, and all the autogen returned. Yay!

JGplanes