missing textures

This is a weird one. I had a computer glitch the other day and it wiped out a lot of my settings one of which was the FSX.cfg file. In this file I had in it

[SCENERY]

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

Which worked great until I wrote it into my new FSX.cfg and now it won't work. Any ideas?

When loaded FSX now I also get a message saying FSX is having a problem with Fsuipc (I have attached an image)
Cheers

Neil

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Are you sure you edited the cfg file in the right folder?

That warning in the screenshot looks normal for the first time you run a plugin. Just accept it.

Thanks for your reply Arno. I have been having trouble with my computer so I built a new one using Win 8.1 as it's much easier to install fsx software to so now I was hoping it would work but no again the ShowMissingTextureAlert=1 isn't working. It has got me puzzled as it worked great before then great computer meltdown!! I'll attach a photo later as I'm off to work now.

Since going back to Windows 8.1 FSUIPC installed and is working fine. I am still having a problem with missing texture alert though. There is only 1 fsx.cfg that I am aware of and this is in appdata\roaming. Am I correct,

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Yep, but you need to put the missing texture option in the [SCENERY] section, now you have it at the bottom it is in another category.

It started working this morning. don't ask me why I have done nothing different. Weird and it is still at the bottom of the cfg. Thanks again Arno I always appreciate your help.