FSXA Mission help please

I hope this is the right place to ask my question.

I have created a small mission for a friend and myself to fly. I used FSXME and FSX SDK to make the mission.

The Problem is as follows. On my machine everything works fine. When I create an .msi and send to my friend to install none of the TEXT dialog works and neither does the Mission Pointer and Compass. I also just zipped the Mission file and sent that to him but got the same results.

MISSION EDITOR shows that I have 111 nodes, 0 style warnings, 0 warnings, and 0 errors. I have also ran the DEBUG tool and the dialog action triggers as well as the Point of Interest triggers fire as they should.

:banghead: I have been searching forums for 2 weeks and can't find any answers. I have read every manual I can find for SDK and Mission Editor with the same results no answers.

Please can anyone help me out here.

Thanks

Tony

Tony, do not give up! Mission development can be very frustrating...

Some questions:

1. Have you tried sending your missions to others before? If so, did you have the same problem?

2. When your friend ends the mission (Escape key) does it display the mission end page or does it come up as "End Flight"? That might indicate that the missin hasn't loaded correctly and Dialogs/Pointers, etc won't show.

3. If it does load as a mission, the Dialogs may not play aurally if the sound files are missing. Ask your friend to check that there is a Sound folder and that it contains .wav files.

4. If you uploaded the zip to Box or similar, post the link and we can have a look at it with you.

Hope that helps - remember "Nihil illegitimi carborundum sunt"! :)

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Tony, do not give up! Mission development can be very frustrating...

Cheers - Dai. :cool:
Thanks for your speedy reply, and Just so you know I am not getting frustrated, I have tons of PATIENCE.

In answer to your questions:

1 No I have not sent Missions to Others or for that mater to My friend either. This is actually my first completed Mission.

2 When he hits ESC yes he gets the End flight instead of End Mission and I knew That was not supposed to happen.

3 As for sound files there are none. I made it strictly TEXT for the Dialog.

4 I have not posted the file anywhere, but if you will send me your email I will be glad to share it with you. Or if you have somewhere to post it I will also do that.

The Mission Is with the VRS Superbug Launching from the Deck of the USS Nimitz (Javiers Nimitz) and completing 1 airstrike, returning to Nimitz to reload and refuel before continuing to the second strike, Then returning to Home base airport to end the mission. Of course If you don't have the bug you can substitute.

Thanks again

Tony

Tony
When a mission fails to run as a mission (i.e. exits as Free Flight) on another FSX installation, it can be for several reasons:
1. Missing scenery objects (2nd PC doesn't have the scenery installed)
2. Different FSXs - mission made for Acceleration and 2nd PC has basic FSX
3. Errors in certain mission functions can also have this effect, but if the mission runs with you and not your friend, then shouldn't be the case.
Why not upload the zip to Box.com, or similar and we can have a look see?
Cheers -Dai. :cool:

Tony
When a mission fails to run as a mission (i.e. exits as Free Flight) on another FSX installation, it can be for several reasons:

Dai

Thanks very Much for your help here. I did actually find the problem yesterday and we now have it gong for my friend (well 2 am this morning). So I got no sleep last night. I am gonna rest today and get back at it tomorrow doing some further refining of the mission.

Again Thanks and I will talk again soon.

Tony:D