• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MS2020 with ScenProc?

Country
unitedstates
Sorry been following the other projects with support for MS2020?

Can ScenProc be used with microsoft flight simulator 2020 yet?
Did some previous work with p3d I'd love to port over.

TY @arno

Hi,

As the SDK does not allow us to make autogen now, I don't see yet how to support it.

Or do you have an idea of what should be supported?

Just looking to process some data and place some ms2020 objects using that data?
I did this successfully using your scenproc and p3d can that package just work in ms2020 silly of me to ask?

ty always

with current SDK i doubt that will be possible,
by design MS2020 SDK is set to process no more than 20 square mile radius,
a lot of efforts were made to make sure global data processing is not allowed by external 3rd party,

rumor has it that there is another SDK exclusively shared with handful developers who can process unlimited global data just as it was before,
the data is than shipped to MS for live integration onto their server farms, this is not for public or commercial usage/distribution,

Hi,

The options to make terrain data for MSFS are still not described in the SDK. So I still don't see how that could be done in scenProc.

If you mean placing 3D objects and exporting them as a BGL file, that could be done. But in MSFS all things need to end up in a package which is best build from the package manager. So it is hard for scenProc to make a single BGL file. A better workflow would be then to make a XML file with the placement information and then the user manually would have to put that in his package.

Is that last option what you have in mind?

Hi,

The options to make terrain data for MSFS are still not described in the SDK. So I still don't see how that could be done in scenProc.

If you mean placing 3D objects and exporting them as a BGL file, that could be done. But in MSFS all things need to end up in a package which is best build from the package manager. So it is hard for scenProc to make a single BGL file. A better workflow would be then to make a XML file with the placement information and then the user manually would have to put that in his package.

Is that last option what you have in mind?
Arno yes... I basically take line data from Open Street Map data and placing the same object along a line spaced to build a wall.

ImportOGR|osm/thewall.osm|*|*|AUTODETECT
SPLITGRID|AGN|*|FROMFILE="osm/thewall.osm"
PlacePointsAlongLine|FTYPE="LINE"|CONTINUOUS|2.43;2.43|0;0|0|String;type|TheWall|hdg
CreateXMLLibObj|type="TheWall"|{c51f2ddf-8a2e-4e06-9e87-e3a48a787ab0}|hdg|0|0|1
ExportBGL|P3D v2|thewall|D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon scenery\TheWall\scenery

You've helped me previously many many a post... But autogen in p3d seemed tuff.
MSFS placing of the same object maybe better? this object gets placed millions of times. FYI

TY

Back