• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS MSFS Install path?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12505
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12505

I've located a few registry entries for MSFS including PackageRootFolder ... but they're all version specific so not terribly useful.

I can search for UserCfg.opt and check InstalledPackagesPath= but that's going to be slow (if not found in default locations) ... it seems MS Store and Steam have this file located in different places?

Does anyone have the MS Store and Steam relative structures mapped out?

Cheers, Rob.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Steam seems fond of this folder structure:
x:\Steam\steamapps\common\name of program.exe file

D

Deleted member 12505

Thanks Bill ... I think I found a reliable method.

Cheers, Rob.

If you happened to use the default location for your installation, then you can find it here:
  1. For the Windows Store install: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\
  2. For the Steam install: ...
  3. For the Custom install:
I hope this may help!

Hello people! I am having kind of the same issue.

I am trying to create a Self-Installer. Of course I thought MSFS created some registry entry for me to define a Variable to point to the MSFS community folder.

Many other users have one located in
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MSFSPATHS

Seems like it has been created by some add-on self-installer though since in my freshly made re-install, that key isn't present. I also tried a search with various keywords with no luck at all.

I need a solid base which won't change over versions, and won't change regardless of the platform the game runs on.
Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

Chris