• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX MSXML error

Messages
14
Country
unitedstates
I'm trying to learn how to use the Autogen Annotator. When i pull up all the screens, in the area of the library on the control screen the message appears MSXML Error! no library items appear in the area. I have deleted the old version 0f MSXML3 and downloaded and installed the new MSXML4.:
 
I'm trying to learn how to use the Autogen Annotator. When i pull up all the screens, in the area of the library on the control screen the message appears MSXML Error! no library items appear in the area. I have deleted the old version 0f MSXML3 and downloaded and installed the new MSXML4.:

you have to activate it in the registry.
google it for instructions on activating it in the registry.
 
Usually just installing it with the installer should be fine. I never had to register the module or so.
 
I may be wrong but it sounds like a missing autogen XML file to me. Check that your Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Autogen SDK\Autogen source xml\ folder has all the required XML files. There should be 7 in there I think.
The one it may be looking for and not finding is AutogenDescriptions.xml.
If they are not there you can find them in your FSX Autogen folder, but those are SPB files which need to be converted using the spb2xml tool.
 
mine was only working after registering. thhen again i didnt use an installer, i manually placed.
PS: dont delete older stock dll files for windows. it can affect other programs.
win7 didnt come with msxml4, but vista did.
 
I may be wrong but it sounds like a missing autogen XML file to me. Check that your Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Autogen SDK\Autogen source xml\ folder has all the required XML files. There should be 7 in there I think.
The one it may be looking for and not finding is AutogenDescriptions.xml.
If they are not there you can find them in your FSX Autogen folder, but those are SPB files which need to be converted using the spb2xml tool.

if you followed the sdk wiki here, this should not be your issue. just a thought.
If you didnt follow the wiki, i would suggest reinstalling the sdk to make sure its all done per wiki.
I believe msxml4 is required for its use and for a fact other programs as well, both related to and not related to FS.
 
mine was only working after registering. thhen again i didnt use an installer, i manually placed.
PS: dont delete older stock dll files for windows. it can affect other programs.
win7 didnt come with msxml4, but vista did.

I guess that's the problem then. If you use the installer that you can download from Microsoft it just works directly. Older or never versions of msxml can stay installed besides version 4 that FS needs.
 
Could be if I remember well the file "Default.xml", this must be along with all the autogen files, in the main autogen folder, there is some problem with that.
 
Back
Top