• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MV-22B Osprey

Country
indonesia
build detail as close as possible as I can
gauge still working on it

it work in FSX and P3D v2 ++

Attachments

• 2015-3-31_17-53-26-135.jpg
    2015-3-31_17-53-26-135.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,988
  • 2015-3-31_18-5-31-618.jpg
    2015-3-31_18-5-31-618.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,350
  • 2015-5-4_19-58-8-837.jpg
    2015-5-4_19-58-8-837.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,731
  • 2015-5-8_18-29-40-753.jpg
    2015-5-8_18-29-40-753.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,590
  • 2015-5-17_17-30-46-785.bmp.jpg
    2015-5-17_17-30-46-785.bmp.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,686
  • 2015-5-17_17-31-5-836.jpg
    2015-5-17_17-31-5-836.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,642
  • cockpit1.jpg
    cockpit1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,748
Last edited:

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Contact Robert Barendregt, I'm pretty sure he will allow you to release the gauge. Most of his VTOL gauges are freeware unless he made one particularly for you under a payware agreement.

Country
indonesia
i have already sent him a permission. but he didn't answer it.
maybe i need to sent him a permission again.

my plan is using donation instead payware, unless i need to hire someone to build gauge.

Country
us-alabama
Rob is very good about giving permission to freeware developers. I am not so sure about people doing it for profit.

Country
indonesia
Thanks Ed, but i don't know why Rob didn't answer my permission ( about 1 years ago, absolutely for freeware) till know i don't have an answer.
in my point of view Rob build tilt gauge for Alphasim now Virtavia V-22 and maybe he has some connection or what ever it is, that's why he didn't answer my request of permission.

i need advice if
i upload my project without tilt gauge from Rob, but i add some text how to add tilt gauge working on my project. find the file on the net and add it by them self. it is legal or illegal

this Rob said in readme.txt inside the tilt rotor gauge folder
"
Credits, Copyrights and Disclaimer
=================================
This addon package is freeware, NOT public domain; and is available for your personal use.
Without my explicite permission, it may NOT be sold, re-distributed, re-bundled and/or
uploaded to another website or bulletin board in ANY shape or form.
And obviously, installing & using this package is at your own risk.
"

Country
indonesia
url]
This is my latest update VC.
PFD 80% ( first using C++, will be change to GDI+ soon)
MFD still from Boeing
CDU 30 %
Keyboard 0% will be touch after all gauge done
animation = all basic movement done. still need updating tweaking for switch and button
NO 2D cockpit except GPS

2015_7_10_21_20_11_978.jpg

Overhead
basic engine done
electrical done
light done
fold unfold still figure out, this necessary or not to animated
Radio 0%
2015_7_10_21_20_25_554.jpg

ALL Texture still day light only. Night light will be done later, after VC done
Cabin Cargo still untouched.
this flyable as required. i got flight manual last week, maybe flight dynamic will be get small change ( flight test require more time to spend than build a model).

Last edited:
Country
us-alabama
First off, Your VC looks fantastic. Secondly, I would contact Rob again, and if there is no reply I would upload it minus the gauge. To quote from Rob's readme file:
"This addon package is freeware, NOT public domain; and is available for your personal use.
Without my explicite permission, it may NOT be sold, re-distributed, re-bundled and/or
And obviously, installing & using this package is at your own risk. "
This explicitly states that it cannot be re-distributed without permission, but I see no legal problems with you distributing your creation minus the gauge and including a link to the gauge in the readme. Of Course I am not a lawyer, just offering some common sense advice. I for one look forward to the release, and would love to help you Beta test it when the time comes.

Country
indonesia
First off, Your VC looks fantastic. Secondly, I would contact Rob again, and if there is no reply I would upload it minus the gauge. To quote from Rob's readme file:
"This addon package is freeware, NOT public domain; and is available for your personal use.
And obviously, installing & using this package is at your own risk. "
This explicitly states that it cannot be re-distributed without permission, but I see no legal problems with you distributing your creation minus the gauge and including a link to the gauge in the readme. Of Course I am not a lawyer, just offering some common sense advice. I for one look forward to the release, and would love to help you Beta test it when the time comes.

Thanks Ed Akridge.

Country
indonesia
Test In FSX

Test Gauge compability

pure C++ gauge working good
GDI+ gauge working good
Direct2D gauge working with issue, it has flicker. around 4 second it flicks. this issue come up in both FSX and P3D

2015_7_14_11_57_28_848.jpg

Country
us-newjersey
looks cool.. will this be freeware, and who is this Robert Barendregt guy and how do I contact him for my project?

Country
indonesia
this for freeware
just find his project, key code "VTOL gauge". there several project about VTOL. for jet and for Rotor. in the readme.txt you can find his email address, i had some replay from him.
as far as i know, airplane for fs2004, FSX or P3d need this gauge for working well in hover.

X-plane is different system, so no need this gauge for hover.

Country
indonesia
I guess it can be adapted to other planes.

The process is finding it, downloading it, reading the documentation and testing it.
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=barendregt vtol&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change View

Can it be used on other aircraft? What is the process?

there 2 type of vtol gauge,
1. VTOL for tiltRotor, using flap control
2. VTOL for jet/ vectoring thrust, using decrease/increase prop ( ctrl+ F2/F3 )
absolutely it can be use for other aircraft.
just add VTOL gauge to you panel.cfg.
for reference, look at aircraft.cfg came with it. different aircraft.cfg will be different behaviour, change it with caution.

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Which one is more performance friendly?

All GDI+ gauges that I have seen so far came with a considerable framerate hit.