FSXA newly started unhandled exception

I have been using MDX fine for several months on my Windows 7 development computer but had taken a break for a couple weeks.

Now when I open it, the blue background does not appear and I get "unhandled exception" error. see attachments.

Tried 3 different versions of MDX including the latest and all have the same behavior. Copying the MDX folder to my Windows 10 computer is working fine.

I have removed and replaced the Nvidia drivers (including fallback to older drivers) and this has not helped.

Any ideas or troubleshooting for me?

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
This is an OpenGL issue. So most likely your graphics card driver has changed and there is no good OpenGL support now. Reinstall the driver should help, especially since it worked before.

sorry for the late followup.....I would agree that it appears to be a video issue on that computer, but here is the result of my troubleshooting...

1) Minecraft is working (OpenGL based)
2) Furmark benchmarking software is working (OpenGL based)
3) OpenGL test software is verifying that up to OpenGL v3.x is supported by my system and the graphics based part of the test appears normal

I have removed the video drivers completely using Guru3D DDU and then applied the latest Nvidia drivers.

Still no joy.

Is there something unique about the way ModelConverterX is calling the OpenGL libraries? Any other ideas?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello,...

Upon upgrading to Windows 10: I have also had to go through the Device Manager to update drivers within my computer (such as Display adapter, (Sound, video and game controllers) etc., Just because you have upgraded to Windows 10 doesn't me it updated all the drivers,... I suggest you check down the list of drivers, just to be safe.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
OK,... I misread up top,...

When updating the NVidia drivers,... do you have any Virus security program running also? If so,... you might want to suspend from running while updating the display drivers,... most good Virus software will allow you to suspend from running at times,... I've had to do that when upgrading as well,...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I guess MCX maybe uses different extensions than minecraft.

What is your type of graphics card? Normally the problems are with integrated cards, not with nvidia ones.

Hi,

I guess MCX maybe uses different extensions than minecraft.

What is your type of graphics card? Normally the problems are with integrated cards, not with nvidia ones.
Possibly could be the hardware, it is a Nvidia 660. Before trying Paul's suggestion to upgrade or reload the OS, maybe I should swap out the graphics cards and see what happens.

Will let you know.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
That graphics card should for sure be good enough and it has more than enough OpenGL support. So I still suspect it is something with your drivers.