ObPlacer XML issues!

I was fooling around with this today but can't get it to work. The program loads fine and FSUIPC says OK so it has made the connection...the problem is, the properties windows is just blank grey, even when I create a new xml.

I can see the application attempt to draw the window before the dialog shows up but then it just dissapears and shows nothing once a new xml is created, just all blank like it failed.

I am running Windows 7 ... arno did you use the regular Win32 API or MFC to code this? I understand this application is very dated all the way from 2007 so its about 5 years old.

I am running FSUIPC 3.999w unregistered so perhaps FSUIPC is the problem because I had used ObPlacer XML before and now it is not working.

Any idea what is going on?
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The application has been coded in Visual Basic 6.

When you create a new XML, there are no objects. So the properties could be empty. If you add an object to the XML, does it still remain empty?
 
Hi,

The application has been coded in Visual Basic 6.

When you create a new XML, there are no objects. So the properties could be empty. If you add an object to the XML, does it still remain empty?
I remember that it always read the FS position and displayed all that information to the right of that properties tab.

When I get back home tonight from work I'll try to do a regular scenery export and then load the xml from that and see what happens.

I can always do it manually by slewing around with a Cessna but this is inaccurate and does not give a "true" reading of the actual position.

My objects don't require precise positioning, it is around the Gran Canaria island vicinity which is in the equator or close so I believe my deviation wouldn't be much, unless it was an airport close to the north or south poles where the latitude and longitude start getting weird.
 
Last edited:
Okey arno, it is working now :) You were right the empty XML was the problem. As soon as I clicked on one of the default objects the properties showed up. It had been a long time since I used this program, all good to go now.
 
Top