• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

OLED scaling?

Messages
111
Country
austria
Should I care about this? I did nothing different then else.

oled.jpg

I can't find anything about this...:confused:
 
I've got that a few times. As far as I can tell it doesn't have any effect whatsoever in the FS model produced.
 
The few times I had this, I just reset things like scaling and then it goes away. It is not needed anyway and will solve the error message.
 
Thanks for your hints!

I also thought, that resetting the scale should help, but all objects I changed at this session have been resetted without any change of the error.

What I saw on flightsim.com is that maybe some keyframes could affect it - I haven't any wanted animation in this part, so maybe I can find something there.

Else I'll try to reset the scales of all objects in the scenery...

I'll Keep you informed about the result.
 
You've been naughty and used the Group button, right? Then later have maybe "Ungrouped" some animated parts?

The OBED Scaling error is caused during the process of Max/GMax "Ungrouping" an animated object. There is a "rounding error" that frequently occurs so that -for example- something that was 1.0 is now 0.99999999999998... :eek:

Although annoying as all get out to hear that awful B O N K ! sound, in actual practice no damage is detectable in the compiled model.

However, there are other, much nastier errors that can also occur during the "Ungrouping" process, so I simply don't risk my work by using what is actually not all that useful a feature.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top