• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

osm data

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Can you explain what you what? More buildings than what? It also depends on tge area if the osm data contains a lot of buildings or not.

Country
australia
also am am trying to load multiple .toc files one for OSM bultings and another for forests done in sceproc texture editor but don know the correct code format eg

Attachments

• 11S.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 286

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Can't help you with the TOC files, somebody with more AF2 experience hopefully can.

Still don't understand your problem with the buildings. Did you check if the osm data of your area contains them?

Country
australia
sorry i thought you were the gut who designed the scenproc program for aeroflyfs2 my apologies i gave up on the OSM stuff i gues i will have to do with the minimal footprints for USA .
I wonder could you point me in the right direction to someone who knows how to add multiple.TOC files to the tmc as shown in above 11s.txt
kind regards,
coxo2436

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, I designed scenProc so I know everything of the tool. But I'm not an expert on AF2 scenery creation. The tool was originally made for FSX and P3D. AF2 support was added later.

For most parts of the US there are indeed not too many footprints in the OSM data. So you would have to try to find other sources of vector data in that case.

Maybe you can ask on the AF2 forum for the TOC files? Most experts on making scenery for AF2 are found there. Although they sometimes also visit here.

Country
australia
thank you for your reply i will continue searching
i cant seem to find what i am looking for as far as vector data is concerned i dont know where to find the sources

Country
australia
hmmmm thank you MatthiasKNU but i am a TOTAL NOOBIE and would have no idea how tou use github stuff for USBuildingFootprints-master
do you have any clues for me?
kind regards
coxo24436

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Oh, it's pretty easy... You just have to scroll down on the page and then you will find a table with the download links for each state of the US...
You can download them and you will find a geojson, which you can open with the Data Interopatibility Tool provided by ArcGIS or QGIS or whatever GIS-Software you have!