• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS PAPI Keeps resetting to an incorrect position.

Hi everyone!! First time builder here!!! I'm nearing the end of my project (will come back and do custom buildings later), but I keep running into an issue where one of the runways PAPIs will reset into an incorrect position after I load my package into the sim. It is placed correctly when I'm in the project editor, but after I save, export the package, close the sim, and place it into my Community folder, everything shows up correctly except for the PAPIs (One runway is correct, the other is not). It must be happening when I go to export the package right? Maybe even though I'm saving, something isn't getting translated into the new package? Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I've tried resetting them, and putting them back to where they should be to no avail. Thanks in advance for your help!

Z

Figured it out!!! I reset the runway VASI/PAPI system to "None" for both ends, I then saved the project, then reselected the PAPI 4's and set the distance to 0. After Saving again, I was able to reposition them to the correct spots (again). Saved and built the package again. Placed the file into the Community folder (after deleting the old one), then fired up the sim to see if it worked. Sure enough, for whatever reason, (maybe my file got corrupt) after doing a full positional reset on the PAPIs, it worked like a charm! Hope this helps someone in need!!!

1. I've found even though position updates when you type in the number, if you don't hit the return key after, the software "forgets" about the change.
2. Also, it seems I need to hit the "Save Scenery" button as well for the "Build Package" command to work.
3. There seems to be a problem with the build package commands recognizing changes in values as a change, and it only acts when new stuff is added.

All three of those things could be related and may really only be one of them. But I've been successful at making changes when I do all three. I also seem to get better results in change implementation when I use the Project/Build All command as opposed to the Build Package command at the bottom of the Project Inspector.

Obviously, I have no clue what I'm doing, this is just what has worked for me when I've had the same issues you are having.