P3D v4 PCL options

Sorry for the flurry of Questions, just wondering if it is possible to have two PCL options at the same airport? The reason is I'd like to have the activation of the standard runway lights configuration on a comm channel and the Field Carrier activated by tuning the TACAN/VOR.

2018-6-2_16-32-21-931.jpg

Hi Don

In real life they would activate the Field Carrier lights manually before starting a practice session. In this case the airfield Runway lights could be either switched manually or by PCL, I'm trying to get my head around how I can have a user activate the field carrier lights on one end of the runway separately to the other, yet leave the main airfield lights off. IRL they try to make the airfield a dark as possible bar the FC lights.

At the moment I have Runway 30 FC lights on the same set of lights as the airfield lights and Runway 12 as a separate set of effects timed to activate at night. So I can achieve my aim, however only for runway 12. Also in real life they don't leave the FC lights on for normal runway operations at night.

As a side note I have encountered numerous error messages with the latest update, they have no actual effect. would you like me to email details of start a separate thread?

Thanks
Matt

gadgets

Resource contributor
As a side note I have encountered numerous error messages with the latest update, they have no actual effect. would you like me to email details of start a separate thread?
E-mail please.

Don

Hi Don

For info and to keep a record if someone searches for this topic, I have had success getting it to work on multiple PCL triggers after our email exchange. As suggested creating 3 sets of lights for the airfield on different PCL triggers has done the trick. I had to use 3 different ICAO designations KNEN, KNE@ and KNE# obviously the last two are to prevent confusion with actual designations. I now have Runway lights on one frequency and each Field Carrier on a separate frequency. Perfect! exactly what I wanted to achieve.

2018-6-4_23-23-23-742.jpg

2018-6-4_23-23-46-326.jpg

2018-6-4_23-24-4-94.jpg

Thanks for the tool, awesome addition to the airfield, much appreciated
Matt

No Don, still no joy with the comm clicks. Tune the comm and lights come on. I'm just excited to get the configuration working :)
Matt

gadgets

Resource contributor
I realized after I posted the message that I hadn't yet released the fix. You just sounded so happy ...

Don