• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

placing a scenery at another location

hi,

I want to place and existing scenery (of which i do not have the source code) at another location. How would i do that?

thanks!!

Matt

Hi Matt,

That depends a bit of what the other scenery is.

If you want to move an entire airport to a different location that is much harder then moving one single object. Especially when the object is in library it should be very easy to place it at a different location.

So what are you trying to move? And is it part of the default scenery or of an addon?

hi,

thanks for your fast reaction

its actually not an entire airport, but a few objects that are an addon to a default airport. and i want to move those objects (one building and some trees) to another airport.

It then really depends on how the objects have been made.

If they are library object, you would only have to find their GUID and use this unique number to call them as well on the other airport.

If the designer did not use a library this is not possible and the only way would be to decompile the source and change the coordinates there. But this is not a very good thing to do (it will probably violate the copyright of the designer as well).

Have you tried to email the designer of the addon? Maybe he can give you the object (as API macros or as MDL file), so that you can place them normally?

i have mailed him. So we'll see what he responds.

* Now i read about a tool called BGL to XML on AVSIM. These XML files should be compiled again with a tool found in the FS9 SDK. Could i change the coordinates in that XML file?

* how do i find out if a library has been used, and if yes, how do i find the GUID?

thansk again!

killerwhale65 said:
* Now i read about a tool called BGL to XML on AVSIM. These XML files should be compiled again with a tool found in the FS9 SDK. Could i change the coordinates in that XML file?

Yes, but that tool only works if the scenery has been made according to the Fs2004 standards. Most addon sceneries are not at the moment and then you will not be able to decompile it with this tool.

Instead you could use BGLAnalyzer for example and you then need SCASM to recompile.

killerwhale65 said:
* how do i find out if a library has been used, and if yes, how do i find the GUID?

You could find out by decompiling the source again or sometimes the name of the files already gives you an idea.

do you happen to know where i could find this BGL Analyzer? Did some searches on Google and Avsim but found nothing.

tia,

Matt

Back