• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Polygons Creating Sheer Cliff - No Terraforming

Country
unitedstates
So I thought this was working originally but when I was doing some flying today, I noticed some sheer cliffs on my map in areas I know I had worked on and made polygons for a river. Sure enough, I go back into Dev Editor and I find it is just a sheer cliff for the polygon. I included the properties window in the screenshot to so that I'm just disabling vegetation and adding water there so I'm not sure why it is doing this. Anyone seen this before or have any suggestions? It would be very much appreciated.

1616724620041.png

Country
madagascar
Hi.
I know nothing about MSFS, and my first and maybe lone answer on the matter, but what I see is your water (river, polygon, whatever) is creating its own altitude (the same value probably for each of his point coords) or is using the elevation of something else (a mesh data). If I were you, I would check anything that may have something to do with both possibilities :
Where do I define the altitude of what I am drawing ? Or where do I set that each point of the polygon has its own altitude ?
What thing or process among all those options may prevent my polygon to draw/snap on ground ?
Did I specified a lower altitude somewhere ? (like I started this river near a shose, altitude 0ft, then drawn deeper inlands, but I didn't check in the options how to make the stream use local elevation instead of the 0ft I specified/used by default by my first coordinate plot)
If I can't set altitude or elevation offset, or make the thing follow terrain, am I unsing the right tool ?
What do I have to draw elevation coordinates if I had to use something else to get the river at the right elevation again ? (you should not check this until you have nothing else. Creating cliff then deleting them by setting altitude is counter productive and not at all efficient)

^^ that's how you solve a problem, by making possible all hypothesis (including those where you missed something because it's new and no one told you how to), and ruling them out one by one by checking it.

For instance, selecting the polygon gives you a bunch of options to check. But what about available options you have when you select a single coordinate point ? Or several of them ? Perhaps you have some default parameters to define via the first point of the polygon before adding/plotting the other coords ?