• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Possible new Collada reader problem

Dave_W

Resource contributor
The color in the attached .dae is from a .png I imported into Sketchup 8 and then set the transparency on it to 20.

If I import it into any version of MCX prior to the reader change, it appears like the glass pane that I expect to see.

There are display issues with it in FSX, but I think that is a different matter for another forum.

Anyway, if I import this into a version of MCX after the reader change, the glass panes appear opaque.

Looking at the properties in the Material Editor, the older versions of MCX set different values for Alpha Test, Colors and Framebuffer Blend.

If I set these same values in the latest version, the material stays opaque.

I hope that this is enough information to see where the problem is.

Edit: FWIW, I forgot to mention that when using the latest MCX and editing the properties in the Material Editor, if I set the Framebuffer Blend to InvSrcColor and SrcColor, instead of InvSrcAlpha and SrcAlpha as it is imported in older versions of MCX, the material becomes transparent.

It still has display issues in FSX, but I think they are somehow related to how I exported this from Sketchup. I have used this material before in a control tower and it displays correctly.

Attachments

• glass.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello,...

Just to confirm,... I got the same thing,... and that was with the MCX update (this morning).

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I'll check, probably some material setting that is not set right yet.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I think I have found the issue. On import the alpha value of the material colours was not set correctly. I have fixed it now.

But just like in the previous build on export to MDL the transparency is lost somehow. That's something I might have to check more.

The new release will be build this night.