• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Problem with animation (FSX)

Messages
177
Country
unitedkingdom
[RESOLVED] Problem with animation (FSX)

Hi,

I'm attempting to articulate a yoke that moves fore/aft at the bottom, and left/right at the middle (Concorde-style).

The problem is that it all moves fore/aft properly, but the left/right animation doesn't work (it is stuck at frame 0).

What do I need to do to link the "upper" (left/right) animation to the "lower" animation (fore/aft)?

I made a group out of the upper part, and linked it to a dummy that had the animation. I then linked this dummy to the lower dummy that had the other animation.

Best regards,
Robin.
 
Last edited:
GOT IT!!

I forgot the groups, and just created two dummies. One was fore/aft, the other was left/right. I animated them first.

After I animated them, I linked the roll to the left/right box, then linked all of that to the dummy for fore/aft.

Best regards,
Robin.
 
Please do yourself a HUGE favor and forget that the "Group" button even exists...

The reason why will only become obvious once you've decided to "UnGroup" some collection of parts, and then discover that you've introduced the dread "OBED Scaling Error" into your project. When "UnGrouping," frequently the parts will have a scaling error induced by a poor rounding algorithim.

IOW, something that should have been - say - 1.0 will suddenly be 0.99999999999999997 instead...

Getting rid of an OBED Scaling Error is a royal PITA. Best not to create one to begin with... :scratchch
 
Back
Top