• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX problem with placeing a object in orbix scenery

Country
unitedstates
I read all the info from Gary GB I still had a difficult time, I would place a object into a airport file no problem it stayed. I log out of fsx, latter go back load it back in object is not there . using win7 pro GTX 760 video card. is there a u tube showing the way Gary is trying to explain this? hope some one can help with this ...thanks in advance ..ranger-buck

Country
unitedstates
Hi" Larry. no am just using fsx but installed orbx Alaska scenery, I belive its ftx not sure if it makes a difference? what do you mean exporting, and run scenery library? I load a scenery than options. controls diable controller, ok , than place a object from IS3. all ok, type Y put back chk mark controller , I close out return latter sign on same scenery object gone. somewhat that order.. sometimes when I sign back on load same scenery I get a blank screen my file is still up helicopter eng running , I just close out. sorry for the long story, any help full ideals would be great ... thanks for your reply

Country
us-illinois
Hi Buck:

You may have more than (1) issue affecting the ability of FSX to display your 3D scenery library object. :scratchch

FYI: Instant Scenery version 3 (aka "IS3") will by default compile a scenery library object placement BGL into:

[FSX install path]\Addon Scenery\Scenery sub-folder.

After exiting FSX, the next time you load FSX, IS3 will NOT display your scenery library object placement BGL.

IS3 will instead first require that you "Open" that BGL before it will then display your scenery library object.

This enforced 'control' over your scenery library object placement BGL will continue until you are finished adding to / deleting from / or otherwise editing that BGL via IS3. :pushpin:

To remove IS3 enforced 'control' over your scenery library object placement BGL: :stirthepo

After exiting FSX, manually create a new top-folder in ex:

[FSX install path]\Addon Scenery\ sub-folder.

Give that top-folder a name ex: 'Buck_Objects'

That 'Buck_Objects' top folder requires a sub-folder named 'Scenery' inside it

Move your library object placement BGL into that \Scenery sub-folder.

In the FSX Scenery Library GUI, Add a new Area layer for that new top-folder with its \Scenery sub-folder; click OK.

Be certain to position that new Area layer at the top of the FSX Scenery Library stack of layers.

Next, in OrbX "FTX Central", create an 'Insertion Point' to keep any and all OrbX scenery Area layers at least (1) layer below the top position (occupied by ex: Buck_Objects') ...in the FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers.

This will ensure that there will always be a place at the top of the Scenery Library stack of layers, in which one can locate custom add-on scenery ...above any and all OrbX scenery layers.

NOTE: If you do not create an 'Insertion Point' in OrbX "FTX Central", each time you run "FTX Central", it would reposition all OrbX Area layers at the top of the FSX Scenery Library GUI, which may potentially affect the ability for some- or perhaps all- non-OrbX custom add-on scenery to be displayed above OrbX scenery layers. :alert:

When the above steps are finished, re-start FSX and see if your scenery library object appears.

Let me know how this works for you. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-nevada
Hi" Larry. no am just using fsx but installed orbx Alaska scenery, I belive its ftx not sure if it makes a difference? what do you mean exporting, and run scenery library? I load a scenery than options. controls diable controller, ok , than place a object from IS3. all ok, type Y put back chk mark controller , I close out return latter sign on same scenery object gone. somewhat that order.. sometimes when I sign back on load same scenery I get a blank screen my file is still up helicopter eng running , I just close out. sorry for the long story, any help full ideals would be great ... thanks for your reply

I'm sorry. I thought you were using sim director in P3D. I have never installed any Orbx scenery in FSX.

Country
unitedstates
HI Gary well ok I will try it, I have questions ? but will try what you suggested . that may solve the of the questions . I will repost with results ...again thanks
I'm sorry. I thought you were using sim director in P3D. I have never installed any Orbx scenery in FSX.
ok larry thank for the reply

Country
unitedstates
hello Gary, update well trying to follow your instructions, I mess up, have to fix some problems I did like (scenery cfg file error 115) as soon as I solve that out, I will try again.

Country
unitedstates
Hi Gary, ok just got home saw post found one that worked, now back to reading your input on 'Buck_Objects' .... thanks for the update

Country
unitedstates
hello Gary, I had another problem after I fix the one you help me with. after I fix it, I would like to see what I can do with the problem 'Buck_Objects' I really need to go over your instructions again. will post you if I get into trouble....

Country
unitedstates
hello Gary still trying to learn 'Buck_Objects' was told my scenery library was wrong, so orbx has a auto fix, I tried it does my line up look ok ? see attachment

Attachments

• Scenery Library.jpg
    Scenery Library.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 467
Country
us-illinois
Hi Buck :

I do not have OrbX FTX Vector Global Config Tool for P3D installed, so I do not have the feature referred to above.

IIUC from Google searches
:

...that feature is under the Airport Elevation Corrections tab, and requires one to click "Run Auto-Configuration".

However I am not certain what the result would be, if any, in the Scenery Library GUI after running the above tool. :scratchch

FYI: My info posted above regarding use of OrbX "FTX Central" to create an 'Insertion Point', was intended to allow end users of OrbX FTX (that otherwise automatically adds layers at the top of the scenery library stack of layers), to have one or more layers of custom scenery positioned ABOVE any layers installed / configured by OrbX FTX add-on products.

If you are having issues with the OrbX FTX Vector Global Config Tool for P3D, you might wish yo post that question directly within the OrbX FTX support forum. ;)

PS: You may wish to review these web pages for additional info:

http://c-aviation.net/guide-orbx-products-global-vector-openlc/

http://c-aviation.net/fsx-scenery-library-order-orbx-global/

Hope this helps a bit more. :)

GaryGB

Country
unitedstates
hello Gary, thanks for the reply, I do not have global just orbx ftx your explanation [ keep any and all OrbX scenery Area layers at least (1) layer below the top position (occupied by ex: Buck_Objects') ...in the FSX Scenery Library GUI stack of layers.] am back to working on that. your ans is in that statement so I will try to work on it..... thank you.....wish there was a program on a quick way to make that install easier

Country
us-illinois
Hi Buck:

Your screenshot above shows that you have the following add-on scenery packages installed in FSX' Scenery.Cfg:

* OrbX FTX Scenery Libraries:

https://orbxdirect.com/support

* OrbX FTX Friday Harbor:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/kfhr

* OrbX FTX Pacific Fjords:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/pfj

* OrbX FTX Alaska South:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/sak

...and:

* FSAddon Tongass Fjords:

https://fsaddonshop.com/products/tongass-fjords-x

You should position a OrbX FTX Central "Library Insertion Point" to keep all OrbX add-ons below Tongass Fjords

PS: For info on how to utilize the OrbX FTX Central "Library Insertion Point", see:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic...rary-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/

NOTE: You must be registered at- / logged into- the OrbX Forum system in order to view that linked thread / post. :pushpin:

If you are having issues with other aspects of what I suggested above, please feel free to inquire further here. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Hi Gary, I don't know what I did as I was trying different ways to fix the problems like you were talking about, and now it all works , I input a subject in scenery , than close down start up go into file where I down loaded subject, in its still there . problem is I don't know what was the fix. will continued to see what I did , LOL let you know, again thanks for your support

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Buck:

If by "start up go into file where I down loaded subject, in its still there" you mean that you "Opened in IS3, the BGL in which I saved the object placements", you got that right, as this will cause IS3 to make that the 'active' BGL, and will enable objects 'placed' by that BGL to be displayed in the current FS flight session.

The instructions I posted above are for what to do after you are done saving more objects into that BGL.

FYI: IS3 will continue to maintain "control" over that BGL until it is moved into its own folder chain linked to a new Area layer in FS Scenery Library stack of layers.

That also means that you will have to "Open" that BGL in IS3 each time you want to allow those object placements to be displayed in FS.

If you will be continuing to save more object placements into that BGL, do not bother moving it as described above, since IS3 will always control that BGL until you have completely finished placing any additional objects with it.

Happy scenery building ! :cool:

GaryGB