• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v1 Ram Air Temp Indicator

Messages
10,163
Country
us-arizona
Hey all,

Would it be a logical guess that Ram Air Intake is basically OAT? Or are we talking about an internal chamber temp pressure, like compressor chamber in a turbine?
 
No, from my rough memory of the bits of ground school that don't apply to helicopters it's the temperature experienced when the air flow is brought to rest. This will be higher than the OAT as in slowing the air down from X hundred knots to 0 you're converting kinetic energy to heat energy, it is however useful for an Air Data Computer for reasons I can't remember. I have a feeling it's also easier to measure than OAT at the sort of cruising speeds an airliner uses as any temperature probe is going to be experiencing some form of heating due to friction anyway.
 
I could be incorrect, but I think that TOTAL AIR TEMP in FS is the ram air temp.
 
Thanks guys.

This new bird is hitting me hard with things I have never heard of and things I cannot find components for in the SDK. :confused:
 
Thanks guys.

This new bird is hitting me hard with things I have never heard of and things I cannot find components for in the SDK. :confused:

It's in the FSX SDK

TOTAL AIR TEMPERATURE Total air temperature is the air temperature at the front of the aircraft where the ram pressure from the speed of the aircraft is taken into account. Celsius N
 
Back
Top