Replacing autogen

JonPatch

Resource contributor
Folks,

I have some custom textured VTP2 landclass polys which of course eliminate autogen. Can I replace the autogen with an autogen tool like AGenT? If so how do I do that without a reference .bmp? Or do I have to place generic buildings instead?

Jon

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Jon,

You can only place custom autogen on photo tiles. So if you are using a VTP polygon with a certain texture it does not work (don't ask me why it works in the default scenery, that is something that does not make sense).

So I think placing GenericBuildings or other simple library objects is an easier approach.

Just had to enter some words here..

IF you are using SBuilder, and using CLASS selection for applying vtp type texture, AND using the standard textures which has an *AGN file(autogen) in the scenery\world\textures, Autogen will show on your VTP polys!.

freddy

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Freddy,

Yes, you are right about that. It is a sort of exception. When you use the default landclass textures that have autogen defined, then it will also show on the VTP polygons. But using the same method to get your own autogen on a VTP polygon does not work.