• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Resizing of "Traffic and Parkung Analyser" Window does not work

Country
germany
Hi Don,
since long time ago (or ever?) I cannot get the Traffic and Parking Analyser window to original size when I had sent it to the bottom line of windows. It is just a narrow rectangle and if I click to the square on the top of the rectangle to get full size, I get
an error.

aifp2.jpg

aifp3.jpg

Tried this myself just to see what is happening (have never done it before as never had the need to do it) and found a similar but not identical problem. If I right-click on the icon in the Taskbar and select "Maximise" it does come back to full size.
Unusual but can live with it if an answer cannot be proffered.

[Edit}
Just tried it again and the results are variable - sometimes right-clicking works and sometimes I cannot recover the T & P A window.

[Edit #2]
Note to myself - "never minimise the T & P A window" - I had to use Windows Task Manager to kill AIFP!

Last edited:
So, I am able to duplicate both these issues, and I can see the point in the code where they occur. What's not clear at this point is "Why?". The system is in some unusual state that I don't yet understand. Unfortunately, I'm preparing to go away for a few weeks and am unable to spend much time on this issue right now. It will be fixed, but I can't give you a timetable.

However, there is a work-around for both issues which you can employ in the interim.
  • Guenther, instead of clicking the maximize button, resize the dialog by "dragging" the right edge.
  • Ray, if, when this happens, you click on some portion of the main AIFP window and then click on the (narrow) TrafficAnalyser dialog, you should the be able to resize the dialog.
If I don't resolve this before I leave this weekend, I'll try to do so while I'm away.

Don

No problem Don,
I used the "dragging edge" solution for some years. So it is not important, just to let you know.
If some day you have nothing better to do, remember it.
:)
Have some fine weeks away, what ever you will plan

Absolutely no rush on this as far as I am concerned - as I say I have never done this procedure until today - I just wanted to see if it was a general problem.

Enjoy your vacation (?).

Back