• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Royal Navy Ships

Country
unitedkingdom
I'm currently playing around with ships for CFS2, but plan to release them along with FSDS source files to aid incorporation in other sims. All are helicopter landable in CFS2.

They are all currently in work, as with my plastic modelling days you can see I enjoy the building more than the painting!

First: Type 45 Destroyer
T45.jpg

Second: Bay Class Landing Ship (Fleet Auxiliary)
Bay.jpg

Third: River Class Offshore Patrol Vessel
River.jpg

And Finally: the proposed Type 26 Frigate/Global Combat Ship
T26n45.jpg

Comments welcome,

Woof

Country
unitedkingdom
I am planning to get around to a Queen Elizabeth CVF, and also have a part made Albion Class LPD on the shelf. I'm hoping to get some of the above completed first though!

Country
unitedkingdom
More Ships

Type 26 now virtually finished, just some texture tweaks (and transparency) to make.
T26.jpg

I ended up rebuilding all the weapons from my earlier attempts (Mk8 Mod1, DS30M and Phalanx CIWS) as they were letting the models down slightly I felt.

She should be finished and up on Simviation in the not so distant future, along with the Type 45 (Which you may have spotted in the background).

Country
unitedkingdom
Well, got the Type 45 and Type 26 up on Simviation, and a fair bit more work done on the River class OPV:
River2.jpg

Also got fed up of texturing and knocked a rough CVF shell together, missing an island, hull extensions and detail:
CVF.jpg

(As the UK gov't can't seem to decide between CTOL/STOVL, neither can I: she has a ski jump for now. I really wanted to see if i could get CFS2 to cope with a non-flat deck, and with the right tweaks it can :))

Country
unitedkingdom
More progress on the QE class:
CVFW1.jpg

and:
CVFW2.jpg

The River and Bay class ships are on hold whilst I tweak various sub-models.
In the meantime I got distracted by the 'Skyhook' concept:
Skyhook.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Now for FSX

You may or may not have noticed some of my models made it into FSX (converted from CFS2 by Lazarus). Since I now also have a PC that can run FSX I've started tweaking some of my models to up the detail and add toys like rotating radars, though this is a reasonably long process as I've been rebuilding a fair bit of some models where I wasn't happy with the level of accuracy. I've also had plenty of issues with texture mapping not working as I expect. My only other great disappointment at the moment is that FSX doesn't seem to be able to make ships rock n roll as CFS2 could.

Anyhow a first peek at the updated river class:
HMSCLyde_zps68e1b7b1.jpg

and the RNs soon to be latest toy the Tide class (MARS) fast fleet tanker:

Country
germany
Your ships are pretty nice! Looking forward to use them in AiCarriers2. :) Any chance you might start doing the german Navy when done with the Royal navy? (Just kidding.)

Country
china
Congrats!You have a computer that can run FSX!
Hey English,the sentence 'the things were thrown' is right or 'the things you thrown' is right?Why my teacher deleted 'were' from my origin article?