• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Running FSX Google Earth Tracker Help Please

Country
unitedstates
I need help with getting FSX Google Earth Tracker working.

I have FSX Acceleration on a WIN7 64 bit computer. I have installed FSGET. I get an icon on my Taskbar. If I rt click on the Icon it has Enable Tracker, Run FSX and Run Google Earth 4 plus a lot of other lines.

I do not have GE 4. I have Version 7.1.2.2041.

I have clicked on Run FSX and waited until it is loaded. I did not select an airport yet. I clicked on Run GE4 and my GE opens. I selected the airport that I wanted to see when I ran FSX.

I then selected an airplane and a location and allowed FSX to run and set me at the airport I selected. I then rt clicked and selected Enable Tracker. It says Connected to FSX for a few seconds and then says Disabled. I never see my plane on GE at the airport at the position I set in FSX. I have tried several times clicking on Enable with no results.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my sequence wrong? I cannot find any manual on FSXGET.

I read on some forums that you need the simconnect.cfg . My simconnect.cfg in my SDK says:

[SimConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=127.0.0.1
Port=
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

It does not callout a port. Do I need a port called out in it, and if so what port number?

What is really strange that once doing all my troubleshooting it did work OK. I was able to track my ship AI OK at another seaplane base. I have tried it at several airports with no luck.

Any detailed help sure would be appreciated. Bob.

You have to install the Tracker then start FSX and go to where you want. Start the Tracker by going to the icon on the taskbar and enable the Tracker. You should see the "Connected to FSX" message and the icon should have a little green dot added to it. Then start Google Earth from the icon and open GE. Go to where you are situated in FSX. You should see a message on GE that says "User Aircraft" at your position on the runway, parking or gate. It will move as you taxi, slew or takeoff. It will also show all the AI traffic. I hope this helps. It's a real shame that this fine program does not have any documentation. I searched for days with no luck. Bob.

No dice, Bob.

Done that already several times. Connected to FSX (no problem) then started GE and waited for the connection that never came!

Did you go to the airport in GE that you selected in FSX? It does not automatically connect to GE at the spot you are at in FSX. You have to do that yourself and then you should see "User Aircraft" at the location in GE.

Hi,

Now it works but FSget still says it is waiting for connection with GE.
However, there is one important thing you folks forgot to explain to dummies (occasionally:() like me:
First you have to make and save a kml file and then load and save it in GE!

The file can also be saved elsewhere on your computer. By example, in AIBTC folder to mix it with boats and plans files to generate a traffic BGL.

If you are just wanting to view your current aircraft position in GE you should be able to see it. If you want to track a traffic bgl yes you do have to load the xml file into GE. The bgl is compiled from the boats.txt, plans.txt and routes.xml files. If you only have the traffic bgl then you will have to use AIBTC and decompile the bgl into the three files and load the resultant xml file into GE. It's a real shame that nobody ever made a complete step by step tutorial or video to explain all this. I never have found one. If it does exist I have never found it. Bob.

Well, the way I did it, shows the AI aircraft and the boat traffic but only within the 60 Nm boundary of where my user aircraft is. Without the KML I see nothing!
I agree, Bob, that it is a real pity that there is no user tutorial.
I found some updates on a French FS website some time ago but I do not recall the name. Perhaps they have some more info, Jean-Pierre?

The kml file only serves to setup your position in GE. I have seen my user aircraft by setting GE to my position without the kml. I think the 60 Nm limit is a function of FSX. The kml only serves to watch your boat traffic. I believe the FSX Traffic Explorer has a 69 Nm limit. Bob.

Back