• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Runways mixed

At a local airfield (EGCB) their are 4 grass runways. I have an aerial photograph depicting the full airfield with all runways marked clearly. FSX has definitely got 27L and 27R crossed over since a grass track runs to the left of 27L and this is not a runway. The middle of what to all intents and purposes looks like 3 runways from the air is 27L. FSX has it set to the track and 27L set to 27R. Whilst the real 27R is classed as the track?

I have sorted the airfield side and renumbered the runways correctly as per the aerial photo. But it really bugs me to have to key in 27R for 27L into the ATC menu. The same going from 09R, I have to select 09L. Is their a way to correlate these ATC runway numbers in FSX? None of them are ILS runways. The other runways are 32/14 and 20/02 and totally unconnected with the problem. Their is no automatic runway issue from the tower. The pilot merely advises atc on approach and before takeoff.

Reider

Steve

There are 3 runways with the number 09. For the moment forget about 27 L/R/none.

The Goal is to always work with just the number 09 to start with.

Because there are 3 09 runways we have to flush out the runway numbers completely from the XML. If this is not done then ATC gets confused on what 09 is what one (L/R/none)

You MUST start with a clean Stock airport.

Start ADE and open a STOCK EGCB.

Save the Stock airport as a .ade Airport. That is going to be your Master to work with.

Once you save the Stock airport as a .ade now Open the EGCB Airport with ADE once again. You are now looking at the ADE airport and not the Stock airport.

Starting with RWY 09 None renumber it 08 None. The middle runway number 07 none and the very top runway number 06 none and save the .ade.

What we are doing is flushing out of the XML prior to a compile any runway with the number 09 which is confusing ATC because there are 3 of them to begin with.

Now compile the ADE to a BGL.

Place the bgl into the correct folder and Start FSX. Go fly around and see if the ATC window will show 06, 07, or 08 for those runways. We are trying to force a runway number change from the bgl to the .dll by skipping over the Root APX file.

This will tell you if the runway numbers for theses runways can be changed properly to begin with. If ATC window still shows the 09's then they are hard coded and cannot be overwritten. If ATC window shows 06, 07, 08 then we are halfway there.

No sense in going any further until I know what the ATC window will now show.

06, 07 and 08 show in the ATC menu :)

06 and 08 wouldn`t be used normally if that helps. 06 is the track and 08 is rarely used, leaving just the middle one. Granted they are different numbers than normal at the moment. I only have this runway turned on out of all four (27L/09R). Unless its water logged I almost never see aircraft on the others, except occasionally on 32/14 though mainly helicopters there. FSX was constantly using 20/02 but I stopped this in the sim, never saw any aircraft go that way on visits.

Reider

Last edited:
06, 07 and 08 show in the ATC menu

Now make sure that if you select 07 in the window ATC knows which one is 07 unlike your original problem.

If ATC knows the difference between these runways go back into your master ADE and renumber 06, 07 and 08 to the correct 09's with the proper designator.

Now retest the ATC window after a compile. What we are trying to do is flush out all the 09's and then bring them back in to the airport which should sort out the ATC window issue.

Thanks Jim, all working fine now apart from some tidying up. It was bugging me so much, I`d assumed it was something like a file in FSX that needed adjusting to suit. :)

Reider