- Messages
- 315
- Country

Has anybody thought of or started building an effect of yesterday's meteor in Russia? I am thinking about it but while I'm OK at simple effects like lights but wouldn't know where to start on like a meteor.
That said, there are plenty of videos and weather satellites have the lat/long pretty much narrowed down. So what it should look like and where it is located can be determined. I know one can set an effect for a specific date and time, 0923 local on 15 Feb 2013. I figure something like the regular jet contrails, except bigger would work for the trail it left.
It occurred way up in the atmosphere...don't know how high FSX lets you place effects. As for the sound, would assume something like a sonic-boom would work.
Anyway, just some ideas - if anyone has some thoughts as to how I would get started, would be much obliged.
R/ Hangar32
That said, there are plenty of videos and weather satellites have the lat/long pretty much narrowed down. So what it should look like and where it is located can be determined. I know one can set an effect for a specific date and time, 0923 local on 15 Feb 2013. I figure something like the regular jet contrails, except bigger would work for the trail it left.
It occurred way up in the atmosphere...don't know how high FSX lets you place effects. As for the sound, would assume something like a sonic-boom would work.
Anyway, just some ideas - if anyone has some thoughts as to how I would get started, would be much obliged.
R/ Hangar32