FSXA Scale problem with digit display

Working on my new project, a T206H Turbine Converstion.

Some of my engine displays have beside 3D needles also digital digits of a gauge.

But the values of animated needle of modeldef does not correspond with the gauge. Modeldev:

Code:
  <PartInfo>
  <Name>needle_trq</Name>
  <AnimLength>100</AnimLength>
  <Animation>
  <Parameter>
  <Sim>
  <Variable>ENG TORQUE:1</Variable>
  <Units>foot pounds</Units>
  <Scale>0.06</Scale>
  </Sim>
  </Parameter>
  </Animation>
  </PartInfo>
and the string part of gauge xml to show the digits.

Code:
<String> 
%((A:ENG1 TORQUE, ft-lbs))%!2.1f! 
</String>
How can I get the scale of modeldef needle to my string of the gauge? Any help would be great.

Thomas

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
It has to do with the animation istelf I think. a step of one frame should equal a step of 16.66666 lbs*ft as far as I saw it from the code.
Did you make sure this applies to how it's animated?

Also judging by the scale of the gauge the animation will be non linear.

Dave, the animations of needles are working great.

For scale I used there

keyframes / max simvar = scale

All is fine there, but for the string of my gauge, something is missing and I don´t have any idea to start fixing this.

The displayed value of the gauge should be not 6.2, better would be 15.0 to 17.0...

Thomas

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Code:
<String>
%((A:ENG1 TORQUE, ft-lbs))%!2.0f!
</String>
This should do away with the decimal.

Also, check the units. The gauge is in PSI (pounds/inch²) while the variable is in (ft/lbs), which is the inverse. Try to switch to "lbf-feet" as a unit.

2.0f is not a good idea - I need decimal there. lbf-feet is working but brings not the results I wish. Also with 2.0f.

Anyway, I have these probs with all engine display gauges. In other displays, the units are right I am sure.

So I will have a closer look about animations of needles and airfiles again...

Thank you very much to open my eyes a bit (more).

Thomas

taguilo

Resource contributor
Dave, the animations of needles are working great.

For scale I used there

keyframes / max simvar = scale

All is fine there, but for the string of my gauge, something is missing and I don´t have any idea to start fixing this.

The displayed value of the gauge should be not 6.2, better would be 15.0 to 17.0...

Thomas
Actually TORQUE gauge values are expressed in PSI, so (A:ENG TORQUE:n,psi) 10 * is the proper string to display, both with gauge needle and digital string.

Tom

Last edited:
Your informations are very helpful and welcome - big thanks - but next days I can do nothing - I will report of progress next weekend.

Thomas