• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Scenery Objects in FSX

  • Thread starter Thread starter fs1
  • Start date Start date

fs1

Messages
302
Country
argentina
Dear all,
I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve the scenery objects that are loaded in the sim via the SDK.
Also, is there a way to figure out what information could be stored in memory at certain point of time (Lat, Lon, ID)?
I guess that, once the object has been created and drawn, the object information still resides in memory.
Thanks!
 
Hello:

Is this question referring to scenery objects loaded via SimConnect, BGLComp, or as Autogen ? o_O

Are you inquiring about accessing info that is stored in memory regarding what scenery objects are loaded at run time by their GUID and Geographic Lat / Lon / Alt coordinates, rather than by pre-scanning the 'active' Scenery.Cfg and any listed 'active' BGLs before FS is launched ? :scratchch


GaryGB
 
I am referring to Scenery Objects loaded by Autogen.

Yes, loaded at runtime. Can you do that?
 
Perhaps Arno would be better able to answer whether the results of loading scenery objects via instructions in *an.agn files can be read somewhere in FS run time memory addresses. ;)

I suggest doing so before launching FSX flights, by pre-scanning BGL files containing MDLs for scenery objects which are mapped by their GUID from instrucions within de-compiled *an.agn files ...in "active" layers of the Scenery.Cfg.

GaryGB
 
Perhaps Arno would be better able to answer whether the results of loading scenery objects via instructions in *an.agn files can be read somewhere in FS run time memory addresses. ;)

I suggest doing so before launching FSX flights, by pre-scanning BGL files containing MDLs for scenery objects which are mapped by their GUID from instrucions within de-compiled *an.agn files ...in "active" layers of the Scenery.Cfg.

GaryGB
Ok thanks so much. Also, need to know if there's any Objects list for all active BGLs in memory or if they can be retrieved?
 
Hi,

The SDK only provide tools to make new content, there are no tools or API to access scenery objects currently in memory. So I'm afraid their is no official way for this.

What do you want to achieve?
 
Hi,

The SDK only provide tools to make new content, there are no tools or API to access scenery objects currently in memory. So I'm afraid their is no official way for this.

What do you want to achieve?
I am working on a collision awarness system.

I need to access the objects in a scenery that are loaded in memory.

I may need to do unconventional methods as per your information. Do you you know any ideas who stores this info in memory?
 
No, I have no idea how this information is stored in memory. I assume you already checked if simconnect doesn't provide an API for this?
 
So far, I have not found APIs for Scenery Objects.

I will start checking non conventional methods.
 
I have a quick question if anyone knows:

Do Instant Scenery 3 or the OPT use Simconnect to place Objects in the FSX ?

Or Internal functions calls?

Thanks!
 
As far as I know neither does use SimConnect.
 
Back
Top