ScenProc SplitGrid issues

#1
Dear Arno,

After some work with ScenProc I identified a few issues with the SplitGrid step and the window limits one can set either in ImportOGR or SplitGrid steps.

Please find attached a link to a document describing the phenomena I could notice. I was working with AFS2 cultivation (TOC) files, but it's probably the same whatever the output...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hciks1ez9p6hpv/ScenProc_splitgrid_issues.pdf?dl=0

Looking forward to knowing what you think of this...

EDIT: this report is not based on the latest ScenProc dev release, but I don't think the SplitGrid step was changed in the meantime

Cheers
Antoine
 
Last edited:
#2
Attached is an archive with source shape files and ScenProc steps (both "exact" and "overlap") for Zone_02L and Zone_02R in case you wish to reproduce the mentioned issues. You just need to redirect folders according to your own system configuration.

Thanks for your support
Cheers
Antoine
 

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#3
I'll have a look when I'm back home, I'm currently camping with the kids.
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#5
Did you use rest and kids in the same sentence? We had a lot of fun, but too say that I'm really rested.....

Got home again today, so will check your document soon.
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#6
Just read your document, thanks for the detailed description. Looks like a bug in the SplitGrid step indeed, since the buildings that fall outside of the specified bounding box should be removed. Now they are left and that does generate additional tiles. I'll check the code tomorrow to see why this is happening.

I'll also check the naming inconsistency while I'm in the code.
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#7
Hi,

I have modified the ExportTOC step now to not export empty files, that should help a bit.

There is indeed an issue in the SplitGrid step, but I have traced that back to an unexpected results from the C# Math library. I need to investigate more what I did wrong there.
 
#8
Hi Arno,

Thank you for your note and taking care of these issues, I'd assume the splitgrid bug may affect all output formats.
As the case may be this might explain in some cases why people have missing data in their autogen.

I'm father of 2 young girls, I know what you mean for kids and rest ;-)

Cheers
Antoine
 
#11
Hi Arno,

I just run my "overlap" script on your latest dev release: congratulations, your fixes for the SplitGrid issues seem to work fine.
I had no more empty or "out of bound" extra Tiles generated.

Corsica_02.JPG



The Tile naming error however is still present, but it's not much disturbing.
Note the E008°30' and E009°00' Tiles were rounded to 5' instead of 6' LON, but the E009°30' Tiles have the correct naming.
Corsica_01.JPG


TOC_naming.JPG

TOC_naming_01.JPG


Cheers
Antoine
 

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#12
Hi,

I'll have another look at the naming issue. I did initially not see it in my code, but it might have the same cause.
 
Top