Scrapbook software recommendations?

Vitus

Resource contributor
Hello companions in the pixel art!
I am looking for a particular software that helps collecting and displaying reference information. It's essentially a big canvas onto which you can drag and drop your reference images, write notes, drop documents, etc. You can pan around the canvas and scroll in and out for more or less detail. I'm tired of looking through my reference images one by one and would love to have everything at a glance.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a software that does all that?

IrfanView Thumbnails maybe, that's what I use. I collect my reference images in a big folder, then create various individual themes subfolders. Irfan Thumbnails allows you to quickly select and drop files to whichever subfolder you want. Notes it doesn't have.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Thanks for all your suggestions!
I've never been a fan of irfan view, I always found it way to intrusive how it hooks into the OS. No my cup of tea.
I had a look at treepad, but it's way too structured for a digital scrapbook
Kuadro comes very close to what I'm looking for. It didn't offer enough flexibility for my taste though. Buuuuut I then googled "programs like kuadro" and found pureref:

Vitus

Resource contributor
PureRef is real fun to work with. It's easy to get familiar with the few functions I need, it automatically adjusts the canvas size when you start running out of space. I now have all the relevant reference pictures at a glance and can zoom in when I need to focus on a particular detail.

Btw. I'm still on the lookout for any reference picture of the Boeing 247D. If anyone has some high-res photos (preferably scans of pictures from the 1930s), please shoot me a message ;)