• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SDK SDK Changes doesn't show in sim. Need help.

Messages
24
Country
unitedstates
Hello,

I am very new to SDK, just downloaded last week and I watched every tutorial online but I still cannot get the changes to show in the sim.
Obviously I am doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.

I like to achieve:
1- changing the texture/color of a grass field using material editor. I do the changes using polygon but changes doesn't show in sim.
2- Changing vegetation by polygon; removing or adding. Again, changes doesn't show in sim.

Thank you in advance for your help.
 
First, you are in the very wrong category^^ Its about project recruiting here.

Use Apron for grass. If you want to add trees etc you can use a poly and check the box at vegetation. Then the options etc can be set to change size and density.

If you dont see it in the sim its either because you use a poly (its buggy somehow and doesnt appear for me too) or you have priority set wrong. It has to be at higher prio if there is something else below.

I would watch again, the whole series from Flying Theston. You find him on youtube. He shows most thing in a understandable way.
Of course there can be other reasons why it doesnt work, not easy to tell without seeing the project.
 
First, you are in the very wrong category^^ Its about project recruiting here.

Use Apron for grass. If you want to add trees etc you can use a poly and check the box at vegetation. Then the options etc can be set to change size and density.

If you dont see it in the sim its either because you use a poly (its buggy somehow and doesnt appear for me too) or you have priority set wrong. It has to be at higher prio if there is something else below.

I would watch again, the whole series from Flying Theston. You find him on youtube. He shows most thing in a understandable way.
Of course there can be other reasons why it doesnt work, not easy to tell without seeing the project.
Hello
Thank you for responding.
Sorry I thought I could post here since I'm willing to pay someone to do it. Sorry if I misunderstood.
I watched his videos many times, specially number 9 and 10 but unfortunately he doesn't show anything about how to save or build it.
 
Back
Top