• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Serious problems with mdl tweaker

Country
sweden
Hello!
I have tryed to make some visibility reduction for some objects and used the distance to refpoint in the mdl tweaker used min 1- aprox 2000 max!
But testing the bglfiles causes the sim to just give me a black screen it will with other words completely crash :confused:
Allso the rotation could not either be used by me since it rotates nada,
had some help from a another person that made my rotations on his PC.
Then we have to consider that I did actually tryed it on two differnts systems!
Would be happy if I could have some assistance on this!
Thanks and allso thanks for this great forum!
Regards!
Cornel Grigoriu

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I can't really do much with this error. Can you maybe sent me your origional and tweaked MDL file. Then I can see where it goes wrong.

Country
sweden
Hello!
Thanks Arno!
I did enclose the mdls here
Many Regards
Cornel

Attachments

• mdl.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 309

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I tried both files here and they work fine. No crashes or anything else (of course the tweaked one shows at a closer distance only). So I have no idea what is going wrong.

Country
sweden
Thanks!
This is really puzling since the rotate dont work either maybe the whole thing has some conections to eachother??
OK It is first when you have compiled several objects with the mdl tweakers that is when the problem starts.
I did tweak every object on my project and then all this crashes occured then taking away the tweaked ones no crashes :confused:
I am thinking about to install the 2004 gamepack into my laptop and tweak them from there and see whats hapening.
Regards
Cornel

Country
sweden
Hello again
This came up when the error message from microsof occured
it was something with g3d.dll
For me it makes no sence at all!
Cornel

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The g3d.dll means that the crash happened somewhere in the part that draws the 3d objects. So this is rather normal with faults in scenery objects.

When you add only the object you posted here, does it then crash for you?

Country
sweden
I have tryed to examine bgl for bgl and by exclusion tested them one by one!
I did remove all the tweaks and yesterday there were heavy crashes but now when I have tetsted and did put the bgl files one by one and tested and so on, and now I have no moore crash but you never can be shure... have to test it moore!
This is really strange if it is that I cant have tweaked objects it would make no sence and it would be riddiculous I refuse to believe it could be like this!
As I can see now something is strange with my system.
Thanks and regards
Cornel