• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender Shrink Wrap

I'm building a tower for a project I'm working on and I am attempting to shrink wrap a window on to the curvature of the tower the idea being I can extrude the outer faces however it doesn't want to work. Can anyone point me in the right direction please or if there's a better way. I've followed some tutorials but most are for cutting holes etc. I'm trying to get the medieval window shape to sit on the curve of the tower

thanks

Last edited:
I just don't get it, its basically a window with a rounded top that I'm trying to wrap around a cylinder

Attachments

• shrink wrap.png
    shrink wrap.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 35
I don't know if this helps, but can't you try to use the Boolean Modifier to "cut" the window into your cylinder ?
So, something like this:

Screenshot (237).png

Been trying this but for whatever reason I just cannot get the outer brickwork to protrude from the window. There's something just not sinking in for this. I have used the Bool Tool before but although I can see the various edges I cannot see how to extrude them to make the protruding part like the attached photo, slowly going mad

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 23
Why not place the window (it's a plane I assume?) in front of the tower, choose one of the orthogonal views (side, front) and then use the knife project tool to cut the window shape into the tower. You can then extrude, inset or whatever you want with it. I use knife project for almost all of my windows or doors cutouts, the geometry is not always clean but it rarely makes a difference in the sim.