FSXA Sikorsky S76

euroastar350

Resource contributor
Finally, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! After the last feedback from my testers regarding some items that needed to be fixed and rewriting code after code after code, this project is coming to a close and ready for release soon. Just some small items that need some code adjustments, off to the testers for one last thorough check and it's prime time (fingers crossed). This project would not have existed if it weren't for the very kind generosity of Tamas Nemeth (Nemeth Designs), Martin Lopez and his team at Ala87Va, the very kind support from everyone here and elsewhere, my very strong patience and countless hours of code writing, testing and swearing :D So with that being said, I'm off to finish the last bit of code and send the updated models to Martin and his team and wait for his report. More to follow....
2017-3-5_17-44-44-200.jpg
2017-3-5_17-46-42-135.jpg
2017-3-5_17-52-58-651.jpg
2017-3-5_20-31-20-915.jpg
2017-3-6_4-13-26-992.jpg

euroastar350

Resource contributor
Yes, I am trying to find a way to code 3 switches that control the HSI. But the main problem is that those switches control an RMI, which is not installed in this helicopter. So this is my only hurdle before releasing the helicopter to the public. If I can't find a solution, then I'll release the package and later continue to explore the switches/HSI relation.

Ronald

Resource contributor
But the main problem is that those switches control an RMI, which is not installed in this helicopter.
How about coding a invisible / dummy RMI and put it into your chopper's panel, so the switches can function, but do not have any effect on any part of you chopper?

euroastar350

Resource contributor
How about coding a invisible / dummy RMI and put it into your chopper's panel, so the switches can function, but do not have any effect on any part of you chopper?

I could do that, but I have real world pilots testing this helicopter and those switches control the HSI according to them. So as stated before, I can release the helicopter as it is now with a normal functioning HSI, then do a major update with those switches controlling the HSI.

Ronald

Resource contributor
Lucky you!... to have real world pilots as beta-tester eurastar350.

I think that your suggestion is a good one, since that give you all the time you need to figure out how stuff works with the switches controlling the HSI

Far be it from us to tell you what to do with your product, but it does look amazing. I understand your concerns though, but your suggestion is a good one, to release it now to quench our thirst almost, and then update it at a later date.

You've confused the Queen's Flight with No. 32 (The Royal) squadron, which as you said, operates the AW109- very rarely for royalty, mainly for top brass military personnel, no longer called the queens flight. I was referring to the Queen's Helicopter Flight, which operates a S76 reg G-XXEB, and previously had another G-XXEA. Apologies for the confusion!

euroastar350

Resource contributor
To get this bird working properly, load the default Air Trike with everything running, then switch over the S76 and open the payload manager and click "Ready to Fly" to activate power throughout the helicopter. I didn't include the operation manual and that will be on my list to do.