SimDirector Tutorials

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of documenting my knowledge of SimDirector through some tutorials, questions I have are only small. Do you think there's a benefit to teaching SimDirector production here and if so, what's the best medium? Youtube tutorials or PDF?

Answers on a postcard to.... :)

David.

So in my opinion PDF tutorials are better than videos. In a PDF you can always quickly read a previous one again. With a video you always have to search for the right entry point first.
Therefore my voice quite clearly for PDF

I have also created my tutorials in PDF and have had very good experiences with them.

You can create youtube videos with time points in description so if you need to go to previous topic you just hit the time stamp and you are moved back to it

Ive used SimDirector on and off for a while now to do some things and it would definitely be interesting to see how other people use it and what hurdles they encounter with it. I think there's a place for both PDF and Video, though if you do choose video please make sure that the voice audio is at a similar level to the system audio level. There's been a few times now when i've been watching videos where the voice level is really low so you have to turn it up to hear it only to be deafened a minute later by a warning message popping up on the narrators computer.

Thanks for the feedback guys, my wife and I have been looking at ways of doing tutorials in youtube for a while (she's a big fan of various gamer and art channels), so I'll see how things progress. :)

=rk=

Resource contributor
Thanks for the feedback guys, my wife and I have been looking at ways of doing tutorials in youtube for a while (she's a big fan of various gamer and art channels), so I'll see how things progress.
I think you have a great attitude, excellent references and a valuable skill to share. I know, you're a big, highfalutin, fighter jock trainer (he doesn't fly fighter jet's, he teaches people to fly fighter jets) - almost a deity, around here, but people actually make money, developing scenery for the simulator and while I know my scenery probably won't be teaching fighter jocks, it might help some sort of pilot somewhere, familiarize himself with his surroundings...so tyia.

What I'm trying to say is that people who have less to offer, game reviews and comparisons, for example, develop very popular channels, based on the overall appeal. I think an upbeat series, by a professional P3D content developer, to help educate other potential developers, would be a sure hit.

I like whatever kind of quality tutorial I can get, be it a forum post, written instructions or a you tube video, and I really would like to learn the basics of Sim Director. I hope you are able to put some of this together.

Thanks guys, a bit flat out on work this week coming up, but I'll see what I can put together for next weekend. Does anyone have anything specific they'd be interested in learning?