Hi, after a lot of frustrating hours trying to get my animations from an airplane to fsx...
The first step i wanna do is to animate the elevators. My airplane-model works fine in fsx.
I modeled a boeing... copied the existing b747-400-files for the base (cfg-files etc), deleted the textures and mdl and put my mdl and texture-files in the folder. I changed the fltsim.0 and the general-sections in the aircraft.cfg. When i start fsx i can select and fly my model.
Now i wanted to add some animations. Like described in the sdk & example, i keyframed the rotation (0=down, 50=neutral, 100=up) of the elevators and used the animationmanager to tag them with the elevator_percent_key. Then i exported x-file+xanim and created the mdl-file(including the animation).
Back in fsx... loading the model.
1.problem: The positions of the elevators in the preview are somewhere in the fuselage (i guess pos 0,0,0).
2.problem: Flying in a scenery, the elevators are positioned correct, but they are rotated fully down(=frame0) and there is no animation.
Maybe there could be a problem with:
- objectnames? The names of my elevators are elevator_01 and elevator_02. Are there nameconventions?
- scene-hierarchy? My hierarchy is very simple. rootnode -> lodnode -> objects
- sth in the config-file? I've heard about gear-deactivation via config-file?
I hope you can give me some hints?
Tya
Michi
The first step i wanna do is to animate the elevators. My airplane-model works fine in fsx.
I modeled a boeing... copied the existing b747-400-files for the base (cfg-files etc), deleted the textures and mdl and put my mdl and texture-files in the folder. I changed the fltsim.0 and the general-sections in the aircraft.cfg. When i start fsx i can select and fly my model.
Now i wanted to add some animations. Like described in the sdk & example, i keyframed the rotation (0=down, 50=neutral, 100=up) of the elevators and used the animationmanager to tag them with the elevator_percent_key. Then i exported x-file+xanim and created the mdl-file(including the animation).
Back in fsx... loading the model.
1.problem: The positions of the elevators in the preview are somewhere in the fuselage (i guess pos 0,0,0).
2.problem: Flying in a scenery, the elevators are positioned correct, but they are rotated fully down(=frame0) and there is no animation.
Maybe there could be a problem with:
- objectnames? The names of my elevators are elevator_01 and elevator_02. Are there nameconventions?
- scene-hierarchy? My hierarchy is very simple. rootnode -> lodnode -> objects
- sth in the config-file? I've heard about gear-deactivation via config-file?
I hope you can give me some hints?
Tya
Michi


