P3D v2 SODE in Prepar3D

jdberg

Resource contributor
Currently the installer for SODE (1.0.2) supports FSX only. The technique itself however should also run in P3D. So I made some tests today with my windsocks (will also be published here as soon as I am finished with the animations).
What I did was:
  1. Installation of SODE 1.0.2 for FSX
  2. Folders "SODE" and "SODE_DYN" from FSX-folder SimObjects/Misc copied in the SimObjects/Misc folder of Prepar3D
  3. For the automatic start copy exe.xml from folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX to folder
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
  4. Copy of my FlightPort-Simobjects (Windsocks) to the Simobjects\Misc folder of P3D
The result is:
  1. Objects are shown correct and work fine
  2. Compared to FSX the objects show the AI-Label, in the example: Flightport Windsock 2600mm Low
So the function works fine in Prepar3D V2.2 but we currently have the following problems:
  1. Installer does not work for Prepar3D (Jeff, I added that in the wishlist-thread)
  2. Is there a way to get rid of the AI-labels? I don´t know yet.
Jörg

Last edited:
Hi Jörg
Thanks for your explorations into P3Dv2. Unfortunately I do not own P3D, mainly due to the lack of a performant PC...the one I have is 6 yrs old :)duck:) and I do not plan to upgrade it anytime soon.

jdberg

Resource contributor
Hi Jeff,
please do not decline P3Dv2 too fast. I also have my major flight-PC with FSX only installation.
On my development PC I have FSX and P3D V2.2 installed, so I can test the sceneries for both versions.
I think we should be prepared for the future and many people that use P3D wait for these functions.
Only my opinion but please think about it.
Jörg