• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Sode Triggerablevisibility aint showing in Textmenu

Country
indonesia
477147f3c91ca2a0db7ddcc61946c358.jpg

hi, im attempting to make a sode based runway light with both triggerable and conditional visibility as shown in my attachment. The runwaylight did show directly in the sim but i couldnt find any triggerable option in Textmenu. Can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong here?

And by the way, will triggerablevis and conditionalvis work together as i am trying to make? In case it wouldnt, ive already tried using the trigerablevisibility node only and it doesnt work either.

thanks

Country
germany
Your runway lighting will only work under the set conditions.
-visibility 0-20 meter
-only during rain or snowfall
-and all this only in the time from 17:30 - 06:30 local time

Leave out the whole ConditionalVisibility for testing.

Here (https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9) you can download a demo.
In this demo (xml) there is a section <!-- Pilot controlled lighting -->...

First experiment with it...

If this works, then continue with the next step.
And first use a ConditionalVisibility entry.

Country
germany
You can't combine triggerablevis and conditionalvis.

You must decide...
-should the visibility of the runway lighting be automatically controlled by weather and time
or
-the user should control the runway lighting

Depending on the decision there are different codes.

Country
indonesia
You can't combine triggerablevis and conditionalvis.

You must decide...
-should the visibility of the runway lighting be automatically controlled by weather and time
or
-the user should control the runway lighting

Depending on the decision there are different codes.

I see.... thanks for your reply. Btw my bad i havent tried the sode demo files and after experimenting i found out that textmenu options will appear only for right? Cause ive tried to put triggerablevis in and it wouldnt show....

Country
germany
Since I don't know your airport (coordinates lead to nirvana) and I don't know your runway lights objects, I created a scenario at a test airport with test objects.

I use the current SODE version 1.7.1...
My test airport: TE68 - Nuggs Flying M
My test object: 12bPilot_SODE_Runway_Lights_HIRL from the SODE_Demo (SODE/SimObjects)

My xml code for "Triggerable Visibility user induced" works without problems.

Trigger OFF
trigger_off.jpg

Trigger ON
trigger_on.jpg

My SODE xml code for the user trigger function...

XML:
<SODE>

<!-- Triggerable Visibility user induced -->
    <SimObject Name="Runway_Lights_HIRL">
        <Placement Lat="33.74411691" Lon="-96.65988341" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="186.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Runway_Lights_HIRL">
        <TriggerableVisibility Input="TextMenu" Action="Turn On,Turn Off" VisibleOnLoad="No" IgnoreRadiusFilter="Yes"/>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

</SODE>

I will come to the weather dependent SODE control later.
Until then you can test the user trigger.

Country
indonesia
Since I don't know your airport (coordinates lead to nirvana) and I don't know your runway lights objects, I created a scenario at a test airport with test objects.

I use the current SODE version 1.7.1...
My test airport: TE68 - Nuggs Flying M
My test object: 12bPilot_SODE_Runway_Lights_HIRL from the SODE_Demo (SODE/SimObjects)

My xml code for "Triggerable Visibility user induced" works without problems.

Trigger OFF
View attachment 64147

Trigger ON
View attachment 64148

My SODE xml code for the user trigger function...

XML:

I will come to the weather dependent SODE control later.
Until then you can test the user trigger.

Thanks for the example. From your code i found that ive accidently added “/“ after the simtitle node therefore it wasnt showing. And now its working:)

And ive figured out the conditionalvis also. I decided to trick it a bit by making 2 separate group. 1 with conditional and 1 with triggerable with off on-load. It worked as i wanted to:)

Once again thankyou!

34b84bf8b366e708eff466df8abeef29.jpg

04e8815209907f84b47c3c06b4669271.jpg

Country
germany
If that's how it works for you, then that's good.

I have to correct my statement (that neither is possible).
By using different SimObject Name= even both, user and weather trigger.

My SODE-Test xml code for the Visibility weather and time trigger based or user controled...

XML:
<SODE>

<!-- Data Probe serving its clients -->
    <SimObject Name="TE68 - Nuggs Flying M">
        <Placement Lat="33.74411691" Lon="-96.65988341" Alt="725" Hdg="0.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Environmental_Data_Probe">
        <EnvironmentalDataProbe ClientList="Runway_Lights_HIRL"/>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

<SimObject Name="Runway_Lights">
        <TriggerableVisibility Input="TextMenu" Action="Turn On,Turn Off" VisibleOnLoad="No" IgnoreRadiusFilter="Yes"/>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

<!-- Visibility weather and time trigger based-->
            <ConditionalVisibility LogicExpression="A|B|C">
                <Condition ID="A" Variable="MetVisibility" Value="0-5000"/>
                <Condition ID="B" Variable="MetPrecipitation" Value="RAIN;SNOW"/>
                <Condition ID="C" Variable="TimeOfDay" Value="DUSK;NIGHT;DAWN"/>
            </ConditionalVisibility>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

</SODE>

But I would choose the following settings for visibility:

</ConditionalVisibility>

Your Variable="MetVisibility" Value="0-20" <---- Your setting means that below 0-20 meters visibility the runway lighting will be switched on. At 20 meters visibility range hardly any pilot will land.
5000 meters visibility would be the limit for visual flight.

Your Variable="Time" Value="1730-0630LT" <---- Your setting means that the runway lighting is always on from 17:30 to 06:30. With the setting DUSK;NIGHT;DAWN you are more flexible.
Here the lighting is switched on shortly before sunset and switched off shortly after sunrise. No matter if it is summer or winter.

To make the variable MetVisibility and MetPrecipitation work, you need the section <EnvironmentalDataProbe> in the SODE xml code.
Look here: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=the-xml-definition-file/environmentaldataprobe ...

Country
indonesia
If that's how it works for you, then that's good.

I have to correct my statement (that neither is possible).
By using different SimObject Name= even both, user and weather trigger.

My SODE-Test xml code for the Visibility weather and time trigger based or user controled...

XML:
<SODE>

<!-- Data Probe serving its clients -->
    <SimObject Name="TE68 - Nuggs Flying M">
        <Placement Lat="33.74411691" Lon="-96.65988341" Alt="725" Hdg="0.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Environmental_Data_Probe">
        <EnvironmentalDataProbe ClientList="Runway_Lights_HIRL"/>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

<SimObject Name="Runway_Lights">
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

<!-- Visibility weather and time trigger based-->
            </ConditionalVisibility>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

</SODE>

But I would choose the following settings for visibility:

</ConditionalVisibility>

Your Variable="MetVisibility" Value="0-20" <---- Your setting means that below 0-20 meters visibility the runway lighting will be switched on. At 20 meters visibility range hardly any pilot will land.
5000 meters visibility would be the limit for visual flight.

Your Variable="Time" Value="1730-0630LT" <---- Your setting means that the runway lighting is always on from 17:30 to 06:30. With the setting DUSK;NIGHT;DAWN you are more flexible.
Here the lighting is switched on shortly before sunset and switched off shortly after sunrise. No matter if it is summer or winter.

To make the variable MetVisibility and MetPrecipitation work, you need the section <EnvironmentalDataProbe> in the SODE xml code.
Look here: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=the-xml-definition-file/environmentaldataprobe ...
Oh, i tought 'metvisibility' is in NM. Thanks for your info.
Now everything works perfectly! Thanks a lot for your tutor and time!:D