P3D v4 SOLVED: Vertice Texture Channels??

Hey all,

I get this message during compiling to X and Xanim;

Texture Vertex count Mismatch between Channel 1 and Channel 2 in node 'Landing Gear Skirts B'. Channel 2 texture vertices will not be exported.
What in the zippiddy doo dah does that mean??? How do I get around this?

When I compile the plane, if it does show up in P3D, its only in the selection window. In the sim, it will not show up. When I go to the flight, a windows says "Model cannot be shown". But I see it in the selection window.

I would be grateful for advice on this.

I tried......
* Remapping the skirts with a new UVW
* Rescaling, resetting X-form, reapplying UVW
* Welding all Vertices
* Selecting all Polygons, clicking 'Set ID' to 1

nothing seems to work... No workie workie... sigh...

esbsetf.JPG

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Sounds like you how multiple channels for your texture and that something is wrong with the second one, so it's ignored.

I had redone the texture from scratch, copied over my texture sheets to the new P3D material. Still has the issue.

I just found 'Channels' in the UVW Editor. I tried changing that to Channel 1 for everything. Also no joy. I do not know if that is working though.

In my many years of doing this, I have never seen this flag before.

The joke is on me... I had just exported models this morning and they were fine. Suddenly this... Tried all I know... Degenerate Vertices, welded, etc, etc.

I left out the 'interior' model in the model folder of the 'NEW' model folder I created for an RG version. LOLOLOL...

fixed...

Thank the Lord I figured it out....

I do still have the issue though during export, that there are improper Vertice counts on the landing gear skirts, one channel hasnt exported. I would be interested to know what that is. I havent been able to clear it and I have tried quite a few tricks.

I do still have the issue though during export, that there are improper Vertice counts on the landing gear skirts, one channel hasnt exported. I would be interested to know what that is. I havent been able to clear it and I have tried quite a few tricks.
I was like who is this (funny image) developer. Then it hit me oh just my friend Lionheart. Any luck finding out what this bug is i too can't fix it as i got this same message today.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Since the so-called "error" doesn't affect the export/compile, I just hold down the Enter key to blow through those "error messages..." :rotfl: