FS2004 sound.cfg problem

All my engine sounds are mono and 16bit etc. When I start up all is fine. But if for any reason the sim is paused the sounds are distorted when the sim is restarted. I'm thinking perhaps it hasn't reloaded all the sounds. What is the reason for this? And, how is it resolved.
vololiberista

All my engine sounds are mono and 16bit etc. When I start up all is fine. But if for any reason the sim is paused the sounds are distorted when the sim is restarted. I'm thinking perhaps it hasn't reloaded all the sounds. What is the reason for this? And, how is it resolved.
vololiberista
had this b4. I replaced the sound card to fix. you can try updating the drivers, didnt work for me though, had to replace.

what hardware you running?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm using Creative Audigy. There are issues with all sound cards and FS9. For example if one doesn't use the simplest sound card setting and flat eq then there is a lot of crackling!
If I switch between full and window view it also changes the sound.
In the past the internal sounds were full throated roars. Totally unreal hence the change. However, there is a residual roar and this seems to be causing the problem.
vololibeirsta

Sorry for the late reply. I'm using Creative Audigy. There are issues with all sound cards and FS9. For example if one doesn't use the simplest sound card setting and flat eq then there is a lot of crackling!
If I switch between full and window view it also changes the sound.
In the past the internal sounds were full throated roars. Totally unreal hence the change. However, there is a residual roar and this seems to be causing the problem.
vololibeirsta
sound card issue or driver is the indication to me