FSXA Support needed.

I installed Library Creator and updated and it wants me to install a library. Where is the best place to install it.
I designed a Gmax Box, got a number for it and it is sitting in the FSX GmaxGamePack as an MDL.
I did this ,I did that, I tried this way, and I tried that way, still no what ever. I whish to load my Buildings useing ADE. Semms nobody mentions this for exporting to ADE that I can find. Mostly it;s for fs2004 or earlier.I have an empty Airport with a fea ai aircraft. The scenery is great. Lots of runways, taxiways, parking spots, signs, but no buildings.

Is there a step by step instructions on how to get this box into ADE and then to FSX.

Here is a pic of my Tower I hope to be able to move into my airport again. Frank!

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I am a bit confused about what you tried already. For example not sure what you mean with install a library.

But in general the steps are like this:

1. Make your object in your modeling tool and save as mdl file
2. Start library creator XML and create a new library. Put the XML file wherever you like.
3. Add all objects (mdl files) that are needed to the library
4. Save the library as a bgl in the scenery folder of your project
5. Add library to ADE so that you can use the objects in that tool

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I assume you mean how to install the tool? You can unzip the file to any folder of your choice. Just put all the files from the zip there.

Hello, I just built a new computer and am now trying to rebuild my FSX airport. I worked a little on my Control Tower, save it, got a Guid number, exported it to Library Creator XML. I saved my Tower as a mdl with no problem. I have been trying to change it to a BGL but no luck. I click on Compile Library Object, C:\GMAX\gamepacks\FSX_GmaxGamePack\Control Tower_2, and it says save BGL. When I click on it Gmax starts up and says File Open Failed: Library_Creator_xml_temp_complie.xml Help!! Frank!

hcornea

Resource contributor
Are you trying to open a bgl file in gMax?

If so, that will never work.

Arno's workflow (post 2) is pretty clear and concise.

I am finding your workflow a little confusing.

Sent with Tapatalk for iPhone

hcornea

Resource contributor
A scenery project will have a folder within FSX.
The folder will be active in the FSX scenery library menu.

Inside that folder, are the bgl files that FSX reads for scenery.

Your bgl file (the library containing your object/s) will need to be one of those files.

When you compiled and made the scenery project in FSX, it would be in a folder ... perhaps Addon Scenery ?

Unfortunately only YOU can know where you put it !!

May I mention that I cannot compile the mdl files. I have found several files from 1998 that are BGL. This is what I am installing now. The problem is I cannot compile any new buidings or enhance, that I design in Gmax.

hcornea

Resource contributor
OK .... then the problem you have is not LibraryCreator, but that you are unable to make a MDL file.

It might be worth explaining step-by-step what you are doing, and what problem you are running into.

eg

1. Run Gmax using FSX_Gmax shortcut
2. Assigning GUID and frindlyname using the LODNameTool menu option
3. Exporting

I designed a Hanger and saved it in Gmax.
I assigned a Guid, saved again.
I exported the Hanger to an mdl file into FSX_GmaxGamePack.
I saved it and noticed that there are three dublicated Box 02
Box 03
Box 01

I clicked on Okay and got the list of whatever, and clicked okay.
I opened Library Creator.
I opened my Library and my Hanger MDL was there.
I clicked on Options and cilcked Fsx BGL Comp path

I clicked on Compile Library BGL.
The file name appeared, I clicked on save, Gmax appeared and the message says "X File Open Failed: Library_creator_xml_temp_compile.xml"

Thats just about it. I know it is something I didn't do righr. Frank!

I The file name appeared, I clicked on save, Gmax appeared and the message says "X File Open Failed: Library_creator_xml_temp_compile.xml"

Thats just about it. I know it is something I didn't do righr. Frank!
Don't understand this sentece. what have to do Gmax in this. all is a little confusing, I think you get lost in some step, but don't worry, you will see it's much more easy that all this
You have to create an object, right, it must be a .Mdl object, from gmax, once you get one you create your object library (with library creator), this will create an xml and a bgl file, (new library-add model-save), this library must be in your scenery folder, to be activated.
Edit: I guess when saving a first library could be a little confusing, I have had problem with this.

Last edited:
I cannot create a BGL file. The Library Creator is working fine. My saved Library has been acctivated 4 times with my Hanger there. SAVING for a BGL is NOT working. When I click on save... I get the above message each and every time. I have Arno's 2004 Library Creator 2.0 and I'm reading this word by word to find the problem.
With all the changes I've made to this computer and the changes to a lot of software, This was bound to happen.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Which version of library creator are you using? 2.0 or 3.0? For 3.0 be us to set the correct path to bglcomp.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

It's a long time ago I used that version. Let me double check how it works there for fsx models.

Hello Arno: I have downloaded version 3 and am trying it out. Is there a Manual out yet. I saw your Video and I will use it to get started, I hope. Frank!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

No, there is no manual yet for that version.

I just checked, also in version 2.0 you need to get the path to bglcomp yourself. The fact that you get an error about x files makes me think you might not have selected the bglcomp location correctly.

Thanks Arno The problem was in the bglcomp that wasn't right just as you said. I installed my revised Control Tower plus I made a 200' Box to measure my runway just in case Gmax wasn't set up right. There was a problem, and I fixed it. Had to replace the (FSX_GmaxGamePack from SDK). Thank you again for your kind assistance. Frank!